Creation: A story within a smallish Isekai subgenre: Chapter updates when I can

AbnormalVAverage

Untitled (300 × 250 px).png

Hello everyone,

AbnormalVAverage here. I started posting my chapters....I wanna say a few short months ago, and haven't really had the chance to interact with anyone.

Here's my blurb:

After quitting his job, Walker Reed finds he doesn't have much to live for anymore. He begins to walk aimlessly around his hometown, reliving better days, when he bumps into a homeless man on the street. Before he can understand what is happening, he's shunted into a new universe and offered an opportunity he has never heard of before....a chance to build his own world. Now, Walker must learn how to control the godly powers of Creation, and ultimately, find his own path forward in life. There will be monsters. There will be magic. There will be....giant squirrels.

I'll be honest. It starts out a bit slow, and works its way through the process of building words, monsters, men, and systems. There's gods(mythos), there's a big history to everything, and it focuses on one big idea; worldbuilding.

I started to write this when I realized, to me at least, that worldbuilding itself is boring. By worldbuilding in this context, I mean the process of inventing cultures, histories and all those things Tolkein so dearly loved. It's not my bag. I like dialogue, weird shit happening, and figuring out how the next thing works. So, with that idea in mind, I decided to create a series where the main character, Walker, literally BUILDS a world. Everything from the ground up has to be explained in detail, because I need to know how it'll work in my future novels.

For those aspiring writers out there, who are considering the big foray into Fantasy or LitRPG writing, this may be a healthy read for you. For those who don't enjoy reading stories where there's moments of levity and comedy, as well as moments of heartbreak and depression, this may not be the story for you.

Here's the link to my story, and I'll try to provide updates every so often: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/976038/creation-a-scifilitrpg-worldbuilding-story/

The most recent chapter as of this original posting, being in the high 50's, focuses on Walker's need to create a new system focused on Territories. Territories are a way for him to build giant, evolving cities that all have different focuses. I had a lot of fun writing it, and it took me several chapters to break it all down.

Thanks, and I hope you give it a read.

P.S.- Eventually, the story will be re-titled Symphony, with subtitles thereafter. For now, I don't have a cover I like enough to make the swap. I just don't want people to get confused eventually.