DreamWorks movies, specifically the music. What are your thoughts on them?

Pixytokisaki14

Half Kitsune Half Succubus
DreamWorks is known for their phenomenal works in animation, but everyone rarely talks about the thing that ties it all together. The music. From Oogway ascends to Test Flight, what is your favorite DreamWorks OST?

The two listed above are my favorite along with Passing the Torch from Kung Fu panda 3. The latter being a slight remix of Oogway Ascends and as the theme hits it highs, it suddenly stops in the movie to show, not only for comedic effect, but deep inside that black, gold and white panda is still the black and white panda who is voiced by Jack Black we all know and fell in love with from the first movie. It ties the story, Oogway's dialogue, and The Beautiful animation together in this perfect medium of animation and music. The use of traditional chinese instruments in that track not only adds authenticity, but also adds the feeling of content that the hero has won the battle against evil and has truely become the successor to a legendary figure.

Last edited:

BernKatstel

Witch of miracles/Miracle feline
I really enjoyed The Fight with Death. I thought it fit the final battle perfectly and followed the ups and downs of the fight to a T. I especially like how it plays out after Puss blocks Death’s blow with the dagger. Very victorious and cheeky tone.

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
I'll be honest, Prince of Egypt is still one of my favorite soundtracks. Starting off with "Deliver Us", it really set the tone for the rest of the movie.

sm_yesa

What I love about DreamWorks is their amazing inclusion of life lessons and characters

l8rose

Perpetually Positively Pondering
To continue with my love of Prince of Egypt, this is also in one of my playlists. Mind you, the dude does fantastic covers of a lot of villain songs.