Dry Days

Kureous

Seeking the answers to all questions
Ever had one of those days when the creative juices just weren't flowing? What do you do when that happens? Do you leave it, do something else, and then come back? Or do you still force the chapter to happen even if you know it'll not be your best? I'd like to hear your opinions.

Azure_Fog

More stabby, more happy~
Ever had one of those days when the creative juices just weren't flowing? What do you do when that happens? Do you leave it, do something else, and then come back? Or do you still force the chapter to happen even if you know it'll not be your best? I'd like to hear your opinions.
As a master procrastinator, I just leave it~
*story stops updating for 2 weeks*

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
It happens. Depends on your situation. Really. Right now, for example, I can't afford to skip, so I must push through it, especially because of my Patreon subscribers.

Otherwise, I would just take it easy, maybe announce that sorry, there will be a bit of delay. But whenever I have an idea, write it down. Little by little build up that next chapter or just try to reignite the creative engine in my mind.

Enkiari

Yes. There have been days like that. And at first, I forced myself to write anyway. I set myself a schedule and stuck to it. It certainly helped in creating a habit of writing. The chapters were a little worse for it, but I am not aiming for a masterpiece. I just want something people can enjoy.

Over time, that changed. I still want people to enjoy the story. But I took a longer break (around a week), wrote a small backlog, and now I can fall back on that when I feel completely unable to write. Be it because of circumstances out of my control or me being lazy or becoming catatonic.

Well, the usual advice is to take a walk, shower, do a physical activity and interact with other people. That usually helps, I hear.

I imagine it is different for people who have a Patreon and subscribers.

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
When the juice is out I just go search for some Magellan documentary or mythology stories videos on Youtube. History is my inspiration, and it is endless.

Kureous

Seeking the answers to all questions
When the juice is out I just go search for some Magellan documentary or mythology stories videos on Youtube. History is my inspiration, and it is endless.
I'm writing a LitRPG, so would gaming be the inspiration? Or is this my procrastination talking? :blob_no:

The Unbeatable Game Cover.jpg

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
I'm writing a LitRPG, so would gaming be the inspiration? Or is this my procrastination talking? :blob_no:

View attachment 24685
As someone who tried to litrpg before, not necessary gaming alone. Rather, you should look at tabletop rpgs since they are easier to comprehend.

2wordsperminute

I write 1-3 sentences and if that's not enough to get me going, I take a short (at least I always startwith the intention of it being short) break and come back, and repeat the process until either I get into a groove with writing that chapter or I just really can't write any more for a bit.