Evaluate GabiBibi's premise

blazjindanblue

Made a thread for above person. They had some trouble, they wish to introduce their story. They will possibly post shortly...

GabiBibi

Hello, I'm GabiBibi! I had no idea how to create a thread, so blazjindanblue has done so for me! I wish to write a story that has been churning and being refined in my little head for years, but, as the very anxious and insecure person I am, would like to see the reception to it's premise! So, here it is!

Before, however, the premise is properly introduced, an explanation as to the nature of the universe it is set in:
This tale takes place in the metropolis of São Paulo, Brazil, during an alternate version of the 2010s, one set in the aftermath of a Soviet victory in the Cold War, with the USA's collapse into smaller nations after 1987. This universe is, essentially, a facsimile of a mod I assist in developing for a video game called Hearts of Iron IV, although with changes to the lore where needed as for the story not conflict with it and allow a smooth transition from it as a game into a story, and also to not disrespect the now-departed original mod author's wishes for his tale. The following premise, however, is entirely my own.

The premise is as follows:
Catherine, or Cathy, as she likes to be called, has spent a year fighting to be a woman, as her hormonal therapy progressed. Still with much to learn about herself, to deal with emotionally, and only having started to make new friends after having lost everyone during the initial months of her transition, she is finally seen as what she always has been internally to larger society, with a few exceptions. However, the life of this young student is going to be rocked by the context her country, and the world, is in; Catherine has been for the past few days quite obsessed with something many would find disturbing, a murder case that was quickly featured on TV, the death of another trans woman. Such a tragedy is unfortunately quite common where she resides, not even cared for much by the police, who have put some poor sod in jail for the crime and declared the case closed. However, Cathy can't seem to get it out of her head. Why, you ask? To put it simply, she is feeling an odd case of déjá vu, and that is because she is absolutely sure that there was at least one other death two weeks before that followed the exact same M.O., also having been closed quickly after the body was found, with some random dude put behind bars as the culprit. With the police either unable to see or just simply disinterested in this curious coincidence, seems Catherine will have to get to the bottom of this herself.

Last edited:

melchi

What is a custom title?
If Brazil was under Soviet rule would they even have trans women? I think Russia doesn't officially have gay people. Other than that it sounds a lot like man in the high castle which is not bad. Though if Gorbachev stayed in power he wanted to reform some of the stuff that gave them the evil empire title. It would take a lot of explanation.

SailusGebel

If Brazil was under Soviet rule would they even have trans women? I think Russia doesn't officially have gay people. Other than that it sounds a lot like man in the high castle which is not bad. Though if Gorbachev stayed in power he wanted to reform some of the stuff that gave them the evil empire title. It would take a lot of explanation.
How come Brazil is under Soviet rule?

Hathnuz

Hello, I'm GabiBibi! I had no idea how to create a thread, so blazjindanblue has done so for me! I wish to write a story that has been churning and being refined in my little head for years, but, as the very anxious and insecure person I am, would like to see the reception to it's premise! So, here it is!

Before, however, the premise is properly introduced, an explanation as to the nature of the universe it is set in:
This tale takes place in the metropolis of São Paulo, Brazil, during an alternate version of the 2010s, one set in the aftermath of a Soviet victory in the Cold War, with the USA's collapse into smaller nations after 1987. This universe is, essentially, a facsimile of a mod I assist in developing for a video game called Hearts of Iron IV, although with changes to the lore where needed as for the story not conflict with it and allow a smooth transition from it as a game into a story, and also to not disrespect the now-departed original mod author's wishes for his tale. The following premise, however, is entirely my own.

Catherine, or Cathy, as she likes to be called, has spent a year fighting to be a woman, as her hormonal therapy progressed. Still with much to learn about herself, to deal with emotionally, and only having started to make new friends after having lost everyone during the initial months of her transition, she is finally seen as what she always has been internally to larger society, with a few exceptions. However, the life of this young student is going to be rocked by the context her country, and the world, is in; Catherine has been for the past few days quite obsessed with something many would find disturbing, a murder case that was quickly featured on TV, the death of another trans woman. Such a tragedy is unfortunately quite common where she resides, not even cared for much by the police, who have put some poor sod in jail for the crime and declared the case closed. However, Cathy can't seem to get it out of her head. Why, you ask? To put it simply, she is feeling an odd case of déjá vu, and that is because she is absolutely sure that there was at least one other death two weeks before that followed the exact same M.O., also having been closed quickly after the body was found, with some random dude put behind bars as the culprit. With the police either unable to see or just simply disinterested in this curious coincidence, seems Catherine will have to get to the bottom of this herself.
Very niche premise, but not necessarily bad depending on the execution. Don't expect many people here reading your work.

I personally find it alright, though I'm not interested reading it because I dislike reading mystery stories. Also, there's nothing groundbreaking or new with the premise and genre.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 70892

Why not post the drafts of your stories?

GabiBibi

Brazil isn't under Soviet rule. Brazil is a very flawed democracy, shaking under the stress of the death of it's president and the succession crisis underway.
Why not post the drafts of your stories?
What do you mean?

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
The good time line
Brazil isn't under Soviet rule. Brazil is a very flawed democracy, shaking under the stress of the death of it's president and the succession crisis underway.

What do you mean?
Its based on a hypothetical from above above. Also democracy is cringe!

I thought this story would be about mental illness being weaponized by the 1% to resist commies. I would read that if it were the case get BTFO’d