Resolved Excluding the "Rape" tag in advanced search causes website crash (mobile)

lupenthewolf

Title says it all. I'm on android and attempting to use the advanced search functions to find new novels to read. Whenever I attempt the search while excluding that tag the search results in a dns error page.

Exact search is: ("X" is exclude, "O" is include)
Genres ( set to "and"): X smut, O gender bender, X fanfic.
Tags (set to "and"): O male to female, X rape.

No other settings changed from default. It only seems to be this specific combination that has an issue because if I add, remove, or change anything it works fine.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
For the record, when you make this kind of report, it's usually recommended to also point out what browser you were using, so as to help Tony troubleshoot the issue by giving all the necessary information and stuff.

That said, I tried replicating the bug just now on my PC (Firefox browser) and the search failed to complete for me too, so... Well, it's a pretty unusual issue alright, but it seems like bug for sure.

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺
Wow, that clickbait.
Just excluding rape didn't cause an issue for me. I'll narrow it down shortly.

Edit: Alright, so it didn't crash for me at all on PC Chrome. It did take a little more time than normal though. A little odd.

Last edited:

lupenthewolf

Sorry for the late reply. Work keeps me busy sometimes.

I was using the chrome browser for android when I encountered the error. It seems to be working now, though. I'm not sure if y'all fixed it already, or if it was something else though.