• Probably No

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Other (please comment)

Votes: 1 2.3%

• Total voters

NineHeadHeavenDevouringSerpent

I guess my primary question when I read the premise is: what sorts of thing does having a Fmc rather than an Mmc change about this cultivation driven lone wolf story?

A lot infact, I got to change adversaries, some side characters now seem more logical to cross paths with mc.

While FMc herself will be quite indifferent and uninterested in romance, the world around her will have the ancient social structure of "women = find a man"

This won't be the prominent theme here, I'm not interested in revolutions or something but it will be constantly present and will aide in either new opportunities or new calamities.
But in this case, NineHeadHeavenDevouringSerpent is talking about rewriting a 60% draft of a novel, so I'm like "okay, what's this going to change about the story/personality/interactions/etc, if anything?" Rewriting wouldn't necessarily change descriptions of jade beauty collarbones, for example.

Basically stripping it to bare bones now, I'm only keeping characters and main juncture scenarios and dumping the rest.

It's alright, this actually feels more right for the idea I have in mind and I'll get to atleast have mc wield the power of "jade beauty" instead of being on the receiving end of its country toppling power XD

Succubiome

A lot infact, I got to change adversaries, some side characters now seem more logical to cross paths with mc.

While FMc herself will be quite indifferent and uninterested in romance, the world around her will have the ancient social structure of "women = find a man"

This won't be the prominent theme here, I'm not interested in revolutions or something but it will be constantly present and will aide in either new opportunities or new calamities.

Basically stripping it to bare bones now, I'm only keeping characters and main juncture scenarios and dumping the rest.

It's alright, this actually feels more right for the idea I have in mind and I'll get to atleast have mc wield the power of "jade beauty" instead of being on the receiving end of its country toppling power XD
Okay, that's the sort of thing I wanted to know, thanks!

I'd probably give it a try.

Ruyi

༺ aureate sect ༻
Female cultivator MC…I tried one once (also no romance) before putting it on hiatus and it definitely got less views than the BL or BG story I wrote, but it has its niche. Generally speaking I’d say make sure something about it is solid, whether it’s plot, action, worldbuilding, humor etc, since most likely readers will be drawn in by that secondary element as well as your MC.

I hope you succeed because I’d love to read a story like that that’s all plot and minimal lovey-dovey jealousy mush! Good luck!

Shyuurin

I think it sounds cool. If there is a bit of social commentary involved that would be my slice of toast, but I'm aware that many people go to read wx/xx/xh so they don't have to think too much haha
Maybe you could reference or at least consider the Mosuo people of Yunnan/Sichuan? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosuo)