Fighting its horror with our horror

CheertheSecond

The second coming of CheertheDead
Didn't know which subforum this belongs to since I both want to see if there is anything using this premise and to create an idea thread to see if anyone would be interested.

Basically, you and your friend were horror authors/artists. You guys were part of a secret society of writers whose creation can come to life and do your bidding. Hence, there were strict rules to ensure the "if" power of the authors are not misused.

In the pursuit for new height, you guys decided to trespass the crevices of eldritch reach. You wanted to set your imagination wild to seek horror that no one had ever imagined.

The attempt was futile but your friend didn't give up. Reaching for creativity that was beyond human comprehension often endangered one's psyche. Before diving deeper, your friend asked you to destroy them should their search for greater horror corrupts their mind and turns them into something that is no longer them.

Whenever something could go wrong, it went wrong. Your friend or rather whatever in the form of your friend was truly disturbing. Its power spread like wildfire. The world as you knew it came to an end.

Then you opened your eyes and you had become another person in another world. However, one of your uncanny creation came and warned you of the outer horror sipping in. Using your eldritch creations, you determined to protect this new world and to bring down the horror of the outside.

Last edited:

J_Chemist

I rather like this idea and think it's one of the more creative ways to make an isekai. However, I would like to see a lot of the initial buildup and the MC/Friend relationship. From their development to the fall to the isekai part. That would be neat.

Whether you'll find something like that I doubt, as that's a rather niche idea you've got there. I'd almost say you should write it yourself and bring it to life if you could.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I rather like this idea and think it's one of the more creative ways to make an isekai. However, I would like to see a lot of the initial buildup and the MC/Friend relationship. From their development to the fall to the isekai part. That would be neat.

Whether you'll find something like that I doubt, as that's a rather niche idea you've got there. I'd almost say you should write it yourself and bring it to life if you could.
Most isekai start from the first chapter. You rarely get multiple chapters into their before life.