Filtering system

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
I've had some discussion about tags on the site, and if it's hard for readers to find certain stories that don't match the major genres -

That's why I suggest a filtering system. I'll note that I am not well versed in programming algorithms and such - all I'm thinking of is the ability to mark a checkbox that says "I don't want to see harem stories."

Alternatively, if that idea doesn't appeal to you, perhaps we could get a trending by genre, which would bring out some lesser seen stuff. This way, I could go to Fantasy trending, and be able to get through a lot of stuff I'm not interested in. I believe Wattpad kind of has a system like this.

I'm interested to hear others' thoughts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45782

Not sure about this. On one hand, you can already double tap to exclude certain genres like isekai and smut if you want already.

For specific specific tags? Then idk if that is really necessary.

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
I've had some discussion about tags on the site, and if it's hard for readers to find certain stories that don't match the major genres -

That's why I suggest a filtering system. I'll note that I am not well versed in programming algorithms and such - all I'm thinking of is the ability to mark a checkbox that says "I don't want to see harem stories."

Alternatively, if that idea doesn't appeal to you, perhaps we could get a trending by genre, which would bring out some lesser seen stuff. This way, I could go to Fantasy trending, and be able to get through a lot of stuff I'm not interested in. I believe Wattpad kind of has a system like this.

I'm interested to hear others' thoughts.

I think this is sufficient for the filtering system. Though if not, really appreciate if you specify since it can confusion...

D

Deleted member 45782

I think this is sufficient for the filtering system. Though if not, really appreciate if you specify since it can confusion...
I agree. You can already filter certain genres out.

Only thing would see why it needs a change is maybe an option to exclude rape tag as some other thread mentioned for those who wish not to see it.

Otherwise, I think this filtering system is sufficient too.

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds

Only thing would see why it needs a change is maybe an option to exclude rape tag as some other thread mentioned for those who wish not to see it.

You change your pfp on a daily basis

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice

The tag filtering will probably be implemented at some point. NU already has this.

I guess it's more of a thing of Tony finding the time for it than anything else.