Funny thing about analogies... I love you guys

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
Did you ever visit Wattpad? For me it was the nightmare of Y/N.
I once did, posted two fics but occasionally forgot my password and everything, and then I just gave up. The most interesting feature there is that every fic scores the length of the story not by number of words, or pages, but by 'minutes' or 'hours' of how long a reader would take in average to read the current chapters available. For me, wattpad is more like a lucid dream... you know it is happening, but when you wake up, you'd barely remember it but you knew it happened.
I appreciate that you've completely ignored Wattpad. As it should be.
I'd be super honest, I didn't purposefully ignore Wattpad. I have actually and sincerely forgotten them, slipped my mind totally. I recall back in high school, Wattpad was hot stuff among my classmates, but I had unusual avoidance of it like it was a shameful thing to read. When I started senior high, that's when I got hooked on web novels, and when my classmates teased me I was reading a wattpad, I'd literally explode and express my shame in embarrassing ways.

What does SB stand for? Excuse my ignorance.
It is SpaceBattles. I freshly dipped from their recently... It is tough for fanfics, and people can really be defensive/resistant, in that pleasing the other half of the readers is so hard I had almost questioned my skills... Arguments in SB can be very pointless too which is extra annoying. If it is skill-based writing, RR always has the competitive edge over others, followed by SH in my opinion. SH and RR have the most accommodating critics I know.
RR is more like the old man yelling at the local kids to get of his lawn.
Hahaha, I also get that impression, but secretly, this old man happens to be a tsundere who really just has a foul mouth. The problem is... there are all kinds of 'old man' from the ones that have dogs or the ones that always resort to back in the day's spiel. I liked that analogy, like an old man, lol~!
Nuh-uh! There are some really nice people there. That's where I come from.
I agree. There can be cuddly and clingy people there too, acting cute and stuff in the comment section. But if your luck is bad enough, you might also stumble into real troublemakers. But if your luck is good enough, you'd also meet very helpful people who'd go the extra length of proofreading what you wrote. I felt shy posting there once because there is this guy who is nice and hardworking enough to annotate lots of chapters even though I didn't ask him. RR is just filled with professional people, actually.
I'm uncumfy with the interface so I don't visit it much .
I felt the same in the beginning, which I got used to after a week of reading, but then got uncomfortable again because of the thread format. If you accidentally see an unpleasant comment about a fic you like, you'll feel bad and ruin your appetite for continued reading.
:LOL: It had a little popularity with writers but its format kept most of the readers away .
So true.
Ohhh the power scaling forum.
Oh yeah, don't get me started. Arguments there about power scaling are so headache-inducing! Man, oh man... People there can be really unreasonable, and they'd go the extra length of putting you down and making you feel miserable. They'd deny your soul... er.. I mean, your narrative because it doesn't match what they knew/wanted/preferred. I say, Perspective is a reader's greatest cage, but some people just want to be caged. Half of the readers from SB would call you BS and proceed to shit over all your work. It is a trauma, man... I reckon if I wrote a One Punch Man fanfic, and put him in DC to one-punch everyone, people would be fuming! Even if I so reasonably ask people to leave if they don't like it, they'd just proceed to gun you down despite the fact.
Sheesh..... the power scaling forum indeed...

TotallyHuman

Blame my dirty mind
bSjsj.jpg

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
Well it's accurate but sometimes we get stuff from each other for good or bad. I mean writers are allowed to get more exposure.

Did you ever visit Wattpad? For me it was the nightmare of Y/N.
I still can't switch Y/N for my name, so I just read as "your name"

Lynet

I still can't switch Y/N for my name, so I just read as "your name"
Me too. Including L/N as last name etc.
To me it feels lazy not make a simply a name. Cause many people feel a connection with the protaganist if they can put on their shoes/view. Still each to their own preference.

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
I read a few stories there. I just never called it sb
How is the experience, just from a reader's perspective alone? Maybe I am biased or my experience is just unique to me, and I really screwed up. My Overlord fanfic their is getting violated, and people are literally puking over what I am cooking. You can be honest, I wouldn't mind.

TotallyHuman

How is the experience, just from a reader's perspective alone? Maybe I am biased or my experience is just unique to me, and I really screwed up. My Overlord fanfic their is getting violated, and people are literally puking over what I am cooking. You can be honest, I wouldn't mind.
I didn't like the format of the story being placed right in the middle of everything else so I skipped the comments.