I need a writing prompt

doravg

106/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
So, the ending of my current novella is just around the corner, and I need a new writing prompt for my next project! I reserve the right to turn the prompt into a BL prompt with fantasy elements. It will most likely be another novella because I can't seem to focus on a project for more than 7 days, but I will complete it, I promise! So, go wild!
And yes, it will be in German. I need all the practice I can get.
Happy writing, everyone!

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
So, the ending of my current novella is just around the corner, and I need a new writing prompt for my next project! I reserve the right to turn the prompt into a BL prompt with fantasy elements. It will most likely be another novella because I can't seem to focus on a project for more than 7 days, but I will complete it, I promise! So, go wild!
Happy writing, everyone!
Sorry, I don't have a prompt. I am just laughing because you made your signature a spoiler. :blob_teehee:

doravg

Okay, I will come up with a BL prompt. You want an isekai, or no?
Whatever you feel most comfortable with. I feel like trying out something new. I seem to be going in circles, when I try to come up with prompts myself. So, I put my trust in you!

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Whatever you feel most comfortable with. I feel like trying out something new. I seem to be going in circles, when I try to come up with prompts myself. So, I put my trust in you!
Prompt: A prince, who was brought up as a girl, is given a chance to save his vampire clan. On the brink of war with their eternal rivals, his clan sends him as the crown princess. Can he keep the peace, and maintain the secret of his gender? What will happen if it gets revealed?
Edit: If this prompt sucks, I can come up with another one.

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ
I am going to name characters in future stories after you both! Then it won't matter if you are anti-BL or no!

*Feels betrayed.

:blob_hmm_two: one who always gets sodomized?

You are not as straight as you think. I bet you read GL in secret!
👍yes.

After a heated exchange due to being hunted by two supposedly straight web novel authors gets reincarnated into a fantasy world. After a few unsuccessful solo attempts, they ultimately find themselves stranded with no way back home, they decide to shed their outer shell and decide to live the life to fullest. Zom100 style. Breaking every common logic a generic MC would do...

( I would love to see a novella or one shot on that.)

Last edited:

doravg

Prompt: A prince, who was brought up as a girl, is given a chance to save his vampire clan. On the brink of war with their eternal rivals, his clan sends him as the crown princess. Can he keep the peace, and maintain the secret of his gender? What will happen if it gets revealed?
Edit: If this prompt sucks, I can come up with another one.
I don't know how to write transgender characters, and I don't want to insult anyone. Can I have another one?
👍yes.

After a heated exchange due to being hunted by two supposedly straight web novel authors gets reincarnated into a fantasy world. After a few unsuccessful solo attempts, they ultimately find themselves stranded with no way back home, they decide to shed their outer shell and decide to live the life to fullest. Zom100 style. Breaking every common logic a generic MC would do...

( I would love to see a novella or one shot on that.)
no.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.

It could be a heartwarming orphan/revenge story. Or whatever else.

doravg

It could be a heartwarming orphan/revenge story. Or whatever else.
Just a question, would you write something like that?
Skeleton soldier gives his bone to a lizardman adventurer. Take it how you will but it's a good prompt for a tragic love story.
Your prompt is the best so far. It has good potential indeed.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
I don't know how to write transgender characters, and I don't want to insult anyone. Can I have another one?

no.
Prompt: A man is fated to die from an illness. Unbeknownst to him, a vampire was in love with the man, and he had the cure. If the man was willing to give up his humanity, he could live on eternally as a creature of the night, and be his lover.

Prompt: A king searches alone through an old tomb, his kingdom in ruins. As the last survivor, following his kingdom’s ruination, he searches for an old tomb. The tomb of the progenitor was thought to be a fairy tale; nonetheless, he seeks the power of an ancient. He seeks the power to avenge his kingdom.

I can come up with more of these if you don't like them, or you can feel free to take only certain details.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Just a question, would you write something like that?
Sure. It would play out like a fantasy story, but all of that would only look like in the MC's, the abandoned kid's head. His/her way of coping with it. It would be a kind of sad yet funny story with a bittersweet ending.

doravg

Prompt: A man is fated to die from an illness. Unbeknownst to him, a vampire was in love with the man, and he had the cure. If the man was willing to give up his humanity, he could live on eternally as a creature of the night, and be his lover.

Prompt: A king searches alone through an old tomb, his kingdom in ruins. As the last survivor, following his kingdom’s ruination, he searches for an old tomb. The tomb of the progenitor was thought to be a fairy tale; nonetheless, he seeks the power of an ancient. He seeks the power to avenge his kingdom.

I can come up with more of these if you don't like them, or you can feel free to take only certain details.
Funny thing, I already wrote a book for the first prompt. And my current project is revenge. I will use @TenderHuman prompt, but thanks!

Cortavar

OK, I don't know shit about BL, but I can give fantasy prompts. Let's try it.

The sand of the Imperial Arena was the last place Kroghar, the barbarian from the frozen steppes, expected to find love. But when a young elf gets thrown into the same pit as hum, he starts to feel protective about him, and maybe more...

Few knights orders have better fame on the battlefield than the Brotherhood of Dawn. Fearless, mighty warriors with a reputation for never surrendering, the Brotherhood keeps secret their criteria for selection, and with good reason. Follow the path of the newest recruit into that mighty and mysterious order where things (and people) are not as straight as they seem.

Rejoice, people, for the dragon has been slain! And now the hero will claim the hand of one of the King's children, as stipulated in the bounty! Wait, did he just choose the Crown Prince? How does that even work?

Exploring new lands, mapping, charting and adding to the knowledge of the world, such are the lofty objectives of the Royal Exploration Guild. But between chance encounters with monsters, wild animals, hostile or weird people, and a variety of inhospitable climates, those actually in charge of exploring don't have such a good life. At least they're here for each other, like brothers, or maybe more...

Am I on theme? Anything you'd fancy writing?

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
a story of a journalist infiltrating a death cult and falling in love with the head priest would be interesting but considering the sheer number of bl stories I've not encountered there may in fact be several stories with that exact premise

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Happy writing, everyone!
A sex doll turned alive voodoo doll wants to become a painter and romance a man who is his perfect muse, but the creator wants this specific man dead, and the sex voodoo doll is the method of untraceable removal.

Edit: Never mind! I didn't see that you had already picked a prompt. Durrrr... *dumb face*

CheertheSecond

The second coming of CheertheDead
"Sample D" is a batch of artificial humans. They were raised as human weapons for "Bio" country.

On the outside, they looked like ageless 14-year-old boys. They don't understand human love because they were never taught such thing.

When the "Bio" country and the "Neo" country engaged in combat, "Sample D" was deployed to attack "Neo". This resulted in countless civilian casualties for "Neo".

After the defeat of "Bio", "Neo" government condemned "Sample D" and tortured them for revenge.

"Sample D" didn't understand love between humans but they protected their members. Stronger members of "Sample D" would volunteer to be tortured for the weaker members.

Under the harsh treatment, "Sample D" died out until there were only 11 left. These 11 were malnourished. They were so thin and weak, only skin and bone.

At that moment, the 7th prince of "Neo" decided that the torment of "Sample D" was enough. He asked his brother, the king, to relinquish the group to his command.

The 16-year-old 7th prince, a war hero of the Bio-Neo war, knew very well the crime of "Sample D", but he also knew it was worthless to keep torturing them. He wanted "Sample D" to do something more useful for "Neo". He put "Sample D" under his watch, fed them, healed them.

When they were stronger, he and them began rebuilding the destroyed houses, bridges, buildings caused by war. Gradually, the surviving leader of "Sample D" grew to like the prince.

LitrpgBird

Happy writing, everyone!
A slime accidentally eats the soul of a human, becoming really smart and magicky in return for making the human sharing his body comfortable.

doravg

Just bumping this up because I feel as if I have a short story on my hands with the 3 A.M. prompt, which I can finish today. It can be a short prompt. You don't need to write the story for me.