I wanted to try something new. I'll tell you something that I like about my novel, and you tell me something that you like about yours. Share and Tell

LM-Franklin

Basically, what do you guys like about your novels. This could be a number of things in regards from setting, tone, to characters. Heck, even your ending counts. Like, what is something within your novel that you believe is new or takes your genre of choice and brings it in a differing direction.

Me: I write Warcaskets - The Sons of Mars, and basically in the universe history, there was a dark age where the universe were all disconnected and the people of Mars blown each other up back into the stone age. Regressing back into a feudal society, they found these strange aliens that they realized that if they connected them to the base of there spine. They basically become the equivalent of Space Marines. They kept there weapons, armors, and I am writing Book 2 and Book 2 Chapter 1 is going to follow the POV of a young serf decades before the story even begins and what it was like being some normal feudal serf seeing two gundams fight each other, while you have pitch fork men getting murderer by a fucking equivalent of a space marine. That shit going to be crazy and is a blast to write about.

Great name! Sounds very exciting.

Under the assumption that readers are interested enough to find them, I'm most excited about all the little details that seem like throwaways but are going to eventually be super helpful in understanding some of the lore. I don't make them my focus, but know that the story is a little richer because they are included.

Jerynboe

I’m super proud of the fact that I think I might have stumbled across a moderately original idea within a genre that is very much not known for its originality these days. It’s an isekai into a game world, but specifically a ttrpg.

More importantly, I am trying to replicate aspects of the relationship between the Player and the Player Character. MC can let the body he isekaied into go on autopilot by rolling to do something. When he’s on autopilot, Emrys the Drow Sorcerer is in charge.

I write in a slightly different style to reflect that Emrys is much more cynical and has his own giant pile of traumas due to his edgy backstory. Also, he sometimes does very stupid things because nat one’s exist. Emrys has no Will of his own. He’s just an extension of Curtis the isekaied CPA. He is, however, a distinct CHARACTER.

it’s here if you want to read it.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
That I am inventing an entirely new form of physics to explain magic down to the sub-atomic level (or sub-metatron in setting) including how dimensional compression from dark matter proximity affects the complexity of monad knots. I have a periodic table of knots to explain the "elements" of magic. The best part is the reader only gets hints and glimpses of the clockwork perfection.

xuduxixi

a sloth that wants to be great
I like that I've finally started writing again, and how the connection among my characters didn't felt as rigid as before.

doravg

137/4001 (finally counted the stories)
Man, serfs vs Space marines. Can the space marines speak the language of the serf? What is their value system?

As for my stories of late, I just like the comedy elements I sneak in

TsuruI_am_a_bot

Yandere Robot / Wife of Botty
Basically, what do you guys like about your novels. This could be a number of things in regards from setting, tone, to characters. Heck, even your ending counts. Like, what is something within your novel that you believe is new or takes your genre of choice and brings it in a differing direction.

Me: I write Warcaskets - The Sons of Mars, and basically in the universe history, there was a dark age where the universe were all disconnected and the people of Mars blown each other up back into the stone age. Regressing back into a feudal society, they found these strange aliens that they realized that if they connected them to the base of there spine. They basically become the equivalent of Space Marines. They kept there weapons, armors, and I am writing Book 2 and Book 2 Chapter 1 is going to follow the POV of a young serf decades before the story even begins and what it was like being some normal feudal serf seeing two gundams fight each other, while you have pitch fork men getting murderer by a fucking equivalent of a space marine. That shit going to be crazy and is a blast to write about.

Not mine

but my TOP2 favorite "History strongest husband" (NU) (no its not a shoujo/josei/romance series, the title is bs bc its old) (for male readers)

MC
nuked enemies
asked FL to (flash-fast) throw truth serum in the glass of someone in public party
killed a untoucheable, high defense, high relations, duke whole family with 10+ STDs
killed a invincible skin barbarian with nano-bombs in blood
despite being chinese fucked a black woman (pirate) without being disgusted
cut the balls of any guys that coveted his wife
pushed random civilians people that blocked him, into the manure pit (and even detailing most of them likely will die by infection)
fucking released the black plague against the hidden city of the enemy OP secret society
infected himself and the 2 georgeous enemy women with black plague, during negociation to delay time for his "family" to escape safely, near died bc of it. True delirium symptoms of telling earth random things.
used glowing radioactive material to fake it as a precious "item" (spoiler), causing the death of a very annoying cautious enemy
raped a princess (night+drug), as retaliation for injuring his wife in a duel
madness, would dare to destroy the world if FL dies
bombed a dam to flood the whole region of a enemy noble
became allied later, with a cunning old (despite causing the death of 1 of his son)
became allied later, with a mega cunning duke, despite MC exterminated whole family (duke not having grudges and "repopulating" his clan with a new (darkskinned) wife in another country, said country having its kind being allied to MC)
killed a powerful female character (and high tech navy army incoming) with a nuke
foresee any enemy moves 4 steps in advance
even fool the reader, impossible to guess his moves
is the sole chinese MC in history of novels, that have 0 fighting strength from beginning to the end, and entirely pure brain
(a goose can beat MC)

PS : WARNING
Manhua adaptation
"Become the hero's husband" and its trash quality.

NOVEL :

Imagine Red hair pirate queen (white skin) FL 3(?)

MANHUA :
-> Disney mermaid liveaction
movie
(uglification, especially the hair)

If Reverend Insanity is pure edgy madness evil stuff
than my fav is far superior, as it was completed, stayed in ranking of raws for years, and mega popular KR manhwa "the-greatest-estate-developer" proved how good it can be if it had good adaptation. (TON OF SIMILARITIES, especially the hidden-kind-heart of MC behind a douchebag façade)

LM-Franklin

Man, serfs vs Space marines. Can the space marines speak the language of the serf? What is their value system?

As for my stories of late, I just like the comedy elements I sneak in
Yeah, they can. This is more world building in my story because the events that follow in the main story follow there 'Shaming' but that's for later. Basically, they are differing groups that are ran by nobles and kings so they have differing ranges of beliefs and ideals. For example, 'The Red Templars' who are the good guys, while 'The Ember Knights' are more malevolent in nature.

These are guys who have been elevated from normal village boys to superhumans armed with guns and mechs, the only thing they need to do is...follow orders from there nobles who have the same spikes. However, they are technolgically stagnated and very restrictive of there weaponry/mechs. So, when dispuits happen between lords they'll draft the village young men...but they'll also call upon fifteen Knights of Mars, and there is a saying in my book. "The only one who can kill a knight of mars, is either superior force, or a true equal."

In my opinion they highlight the knight honor of feudal Europe, however, all the bad that is from the Feudal Age of Medival Europe is reflected in them. Both good and bad.

doravg

137/4001 (finally counted the stories)
Yeah, they can. This is more world building in my story because the events that follow in the main story follow there 'Shaming' but that's for later. Basically, they are differing groups that are ran by nobles and kings so they have differing ranges of beliefs and ideals. For example, 'The Red Templars' who are the good guys, while 'The Ember Knights' are more malevolent in nature.

These are guys who have been elevated from normal village boys to superhumans armed with guns and mechs, the only thing they need to do is...follow orders from there nobles who have the same spikes. However, they are technolgically stagnated and very restrictive of there weaponry/mechs. So, when dispuits happen between lords they'll draft the village young men...but they'll also call upon fifteen Knights of Mars, and there is a saying in my book. "The only one who can kill a knight of mars, is either superior force, or a true equal."

In my opinion they highlight the knight honor of feudal Europe, however, all the bad that is from the Feudal Age of Medival Europe is reflected in them. Both good and bad.
Solid idea. I wish you luck! =)

Verdant

Just yesterday, I sort of changed my story into steampunk lol. I still am keeping some futuristic elements.
I suppose I like my story’s orginality and lack of overpowered protagonist, alongside a unique setting.
Basically, Aperol Spritz is a action book in which people travel to a blue planet that has robots generate from the planet’s atmosphere. These robots kill any form of life (complex), but my main characters and villains have powers that can fight these robots off. 90% of the planet is water and they’ll eventually go underwater in dungeons. It’s technically a litrpg but the power ceiling is relatively low.
I’ll link it since my synopsis covers it better (even if i’m about to slightly change it once i’m done transferring over the steampunk elements onto my chapters lol).
Aperol Spritz

Edit: Aperol Spritz characters feel like Fire Emblem Recruits but they’re all given plot relevance and no harem exists because there isn’t an actual protagonist (with dragon/god powers).

Last edited: