phaeous

The Semanticist

Before, I posted this thread regarding fanfic philosophy

You can say that this story is an expression therefrom

Regarding FEEDBACK

please say whatever ridiculous statement
you can muster​

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!

Before, I posted this thread regarding fanfic philosophy

You can say that this story is an expression therefrom

Regarding FEEDBACK

please say whatever ridiculous statement
you can muster​
I like fanfics and think they can be great, but it is fanfics where they cannot even capitalize the "I" in their sentences in the SYNOPSIS... they just... why? It doesn't work. Put the freakin' effort to put your best foot forward at the very least.

phaeous

The Semanticist
I like fanfics and think they can be great, but it is fanfics where they cannot even capitalize the "I" in their sentences in the SYNOPSIS... they just... why? It doesn't work. Put the freakin' effort to put your best foot forward at the very least.
Read my title.

I am a semanticist, so i have different views on the subject than the mainstream. It perfectly expresses peak-level meaning sans capitalization at that Point

You're really high on the fumes of conformism huh

TheMonotonePuppet

Read my title.

I am a semanticist, so i have different views on the subject than the mainstream. It perfectly expresses peak-level meaning sans capitalization at that Point

You're really high on the fumes of conformism huh
😂😂😂 Honestly, just sounds like laziness (or the equivalent of flipping someone off for not liking gibberish)

phaeous

The Semanticist
Enjoy your tin hat!:blob_nom:
Lol wut? You think i'm an alt-right fascist just because i'm not a woke commie?

No, maybe you just think i'm irrational?

Pretty ludicrous when you never even tried speaking civilly with me about my own comprehension of the objective reality here.

LowinKeshin

I gave it a read and it was hard to follow. Too many scene transitions, long sentences, misspellings, uncapitalized first letters, and other stuff. My biggest problem was some sentences don't make sense.

This line for example.
His mom had a wry smile as suddenly took up a Katana surely raided from a distinguished source & inserted it in the brain o the dead drunk leader sitting & cooking+eating her.
I am confused.

So her mom smiled at him.
She took the sword.
Stabbed the drunk leader.
And the drunk leader cook and ate her mom?

I know that they are cannibals but it's hard to understand what you wanted to convey in that sentence alone.

TheMonotonePuppet

Lol wut? You think i'm an alt-right fascist just because i'm not a woke commie?

No, maybe you just think i'm irrational?

Pretty ludicrous when you never even tried speaking civilly with me about my own comprehension of the objective reality here.
I just think you're irrational, phaeous, not an alt-right fascist. I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion or how you thought of that in the first place...:blob_pat_sad:
And you did not try to speak civilly either. Now, it may be part of your persona online that you constantly compare things to being high or deluded, and if so, then you were fairly civil. But normally, calling someone "... high on the fumes of conformism." or "...whatever you delude :D Gibberish-Sama." is typically not civil.:blob_unsure:
But I can go into more detail now that it is not right after a ten hour shift in the blazing heat and sun, and after walking roughly 7 miles, and right before I intended to go to sleep.:blob_sleep:
So, the messed up capitalization does absolutely nothing to convey more meaning, nor do any of the other word choices and poor spelling. If this was written with a heavy accent in mind (I think Mark Twain did this really well) then that would work, but you did not. Spelling mistakes were just sprinkled in and failed to add anything meaningful. It did not flow smoothly, and punctuation is actually there for a reason. Punctuation is supposed to give breathing room, a natural pause of varying length, in writing. Sometimes it is used for emphasis. So you are, in fact, leaving out quite a bit of meaning in your effort to focus on semantics. Hyphens are supposed to make it so the reader know which is describing which. The story structure is abominable as well. Honestly, there is so many things to cover with story structure that I don't know where to even start. All I can say is "Watch @Story_Marc "
Please.
Watch his videos.
You need it.

phaeous

The Semanticist
I just think you're irrational, phaeous, not an alt-right fascist. I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion or how you thought of that in the first place...:blob_pat_sad:
And you did not try to speak civilly either. Now, it may be part of your persona online that you constantly compare things to being high or deluded, and if so, then you were fairly civil. But normally, calling someone "... high on the fumes of conformism." or "...whatever you delude :D Gibberish-Sama." is typically not civil.:blob_unsure:
But I can go into more detail now that it is not right after a ten hour shift in the blazing heat and sun, and after walking roughly 7 miles, and right before I intended to go to sleep.:blob_sleep:
So, the messed up capitalization does absolutely nothing to convey more meaning, nor do any of the other word choices and poor spelling. If this was written with a heavy accent in mind (I think Mark Twain did this really well) then that would work, but you did not. Spelling mistakes were just sprinkled in and failed to add anything meaningful. It did not flow smoothly, and punctuation is actually there for a reason. Punctuation is supposed to give breathing room, a natural pause of varying length, in writing. Sometimes it is used for emphasis. So you are, in fact, leaving out quite a bit of meaning in your effort to focus on semantics. Hyphens are supposed to make it so the reader know which is describing which. The story structure is abominable as well. Honestly, there is so many things to cover with story structure that I don't know where to even start. All I can say is "Watch @Story_Marc "
Please.
Watch his videos.
You need it.
Well, I am still not impressed with your lack of comprehension regarding the capitalization issue. (i am certain about it, so you acting so high & mighty about being correct looks equivalent in my {objectively valid} eyes to saying "You are not you" or "that chair is a table" & so on)

Also, the modern tinfoil hat people (conspiracy theorist nutjobs) are mostly alt-right fascists ~ it was obvious I was aware I could be wrong though since I said as much?

Anyway, I don't wanna talk with you anymore. Because you're boring.

But I'll leave you with advice: being civil doesn't mean 'not cussing' -it means earnest pursuit of the truth