Just took me 25 years...

crbrearley

Yea, so I finally started publishing my two series. Here of course. I've been writing for a while but nowhere near as much as I should. I started in my early thirties and am pushing sixty so... I've quite a bit of material to work through but I've also just finished another book. In a month. Yes, I went crazy. I'm up to 9. Of course, even at one a year I should have twenty-five. And as Stephen King said, "If you write one book a year, you aren't thinking great thoughts, you're just dickering around." Or something like that. So I should probably have forty-one more.

Anyway, hello everyone, it's nice to be here. And yes, when I saw I had more than one reader, I just broke down. Morale of the story kids: Don't sit on your freaking books. Get them out there, somewhere. Of course, that's easier today than it was when I started...

RedHunter2296

Competitive Professional In Being Ignored
Good to see you here doing your big step as a writer, let other people read it what you have done.

Yeah, I know that feeling of happiness and intrigue the week I get out my novel too, was like a whole month that feel more alive than ever, and also write like crazy just out of that feeling alone.

I also take my time publish my story here. Although on my case I wasted like 10 years making only one big story with a lot of complexity, but even if you have a good general idea of the story there are always fun doing all the journey

My tips are that don't worry about readers or numbers, just write and the people who will like your story will find you eventually ( just mark the tags appropriately). Write consistently, but don't burn yourself either, make your own time, just never leave you story without finish. And don't worry about what your readers said about your story, just make the story that your most important reader what, yourself.