Looking for a 2nd opinion

CreationWillL

Hello,

I'm about to publish my first novel and would like to get a second opinion.

Main tags: LitRPG, Apocalypse, Kingdom/World Building, Sub-Romance, Sub-Harem.

This ain't a typical story of this genre.

I'd explain the basic premise and so forth without spoilers.

If you are interested, DM me.

Curious, but not THAT curious

Enkiari

You might want to spoil plot points if you want a second opinion.
Unless you want someone to read the first few chapters and tell you what they think.

CreationWillL

Unless you want someone to read the first few chapters and tell you what they think.
I'm talking about direct spoilers, like who dies or something like that.

Well, I DM you.

I think your DMs are off...

CreationWillL

Just throw me an elevator pitch here.

If not it's cool.

I am fine either way.
*Cough* *cough*

Short version:

We all know that one novel - the world is suddenly invaded by zombies/monsters, and mankind gets some system at their disposal.

Eventually, the protagonist's own world becomes too small, and he sets off to new worlds. In these new worlds, there are usually already powerful old figures, empires, and certain factions. Blah, blah, blah.

Basically, the whole thing looks like this: Start world --- Becoming the strongest --- New world ---- Becoming the strongest --- and so on.

However, what if humanity is transported to a completely empty, vast new world? What if there are no old factions and so on? Just the great outdoors, wild animals, and expansive landscapes?

The whole thing is a kind of mixture of a survival game, hunger game, apocalypse, and LitRPG.

People are able to play different games against each other, get rewards, and so on.

New races, empires, factions, and so on will be founded.

It's basically a novel about how fantasy worlds as we know them are developed.

*Cough* *cough*

Short version:

We all know that one novel - the world is suddenly invaded by zombies/monsters, and mankind gets some system at their disposal.

Eventually, the protagonist's own world becomes too small, and he sets off to new worlds. In these new worlds, there are usually already powerful old figures, empires, and certain factions. Blah, blah, blah.

Basically, the whole thing looks like this: Start world --- Becoming the strongest --- New world ---- Becoming the strongest --- and so on.

However, what if humanity is transported to a completely empty, vast new world? What if there are no old factions and so on? Just the great outdoors, wild animals, and expansive landscapes?

The whole thing is a kind of mixture of a survival game, hunger game, apocalypse, and LitRPG.

People are able to play different games against each other, get rewards, and so on.

Seems interesting, good luck.

TsumiHokiro

Just another chick in the universe
*Cough* *cough*

Short version:

Good luck trying to write something that demands more world building than upon a world of tropes. If you're going to do it, remember to tag it appropriately.

Enkiari

I'm talking about direct spoilers, like who dies or something like that.
People who want a second opinion on a story?
Okay, that's not exactly true. You weren't too clear on what you want a second opinion on.
Is it a presentation (synopsis, cover, tags)? Is it an opinion on how the first few chapters read? Is it about how interesting the setting is? Is it about world-building? Etc.

There are a lot of points to talk about. For example, in the synopsis, you might want to give some spoilers to entice your potential readers.
So, in the end, yes. People do something like that.

CreationWillL

People who want a second opinion on a story?
Okay, that's not exactly true. You weren't too clear on what you want a second opinion on.
Is it a presentation (synopsis, cover, tags)? Is it an opinion on how the first few chapters read? Is it about how interesting the setting is? Is it about world-building? Etc.

There are a lot of points to talk about. For example, in the synopsis, you might want to give some spoilers to entice your potential readers.
So, in the end, yes. People do something like that.
Sorry, I was a bit vague.
I was referring mainly to the setting.