looking for an old video game

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
So, I'm looking for an older video game that i can't remember the title of. This was probably 20-25 years ago. i remember my uncle and his friend playing it when I was just a tyke.

I remember it was a 3rd person isometric (i think??) kinda like diablo or the old PS2 baulder's gate: Dark Alliance 1&2. I remember my uncle playing as a female character that would yell something like "B F G!!" during one of her attacks.

This would've been around the PS1 era (yes, I know. I'm old).

I know it's not a lot to go on, but I really don't have much else to go on. As I said, I was pretty young at the time and only spontaneously remembered this vague memory around 5 years ago and have been wracking my brain since trying to find it.

Iloveshovels

Sounds like Gauntlet Legends. The archer chick makes a ref like that.

Edit: My mistake, Gauntlet: Dark Legacy is the isometric one.
Yeah, it sounds like this. I used to play it. Fun fact it was going to be on the ds, but it was cancled. So the only way to play is through demo cartridges

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
Old people in this thread here.
It was the golden age of game development! Back then, companies took chances on trying all new things. nowadays, most games stick to tried and true formulas. and sure, a lot of them flopped back then. but i'd rather that than all the biggest games being clones of each other with only cosmetic or gimmick differences.

BetterNickPending

Brain loading. Please wait...
Back then, companies took chances on trying all new things.
Can I recommend you SpellForce games?
part 1&2 are awesome.
It is an RPG and RTS at the same time.
You have your main character that progresses the story with party of additional heroes. and on some maps you have an ability to raise an army and command it.
You can do all of that from both isometric view and from 3rd person view.

Yes especially part 1 is old. But still is beautiful and well made. (might require community patch on newer OS)

The music and lore will for sure captivate you.

part 3 was made by different studio so game has some really annoying mechanics and is bugged (virtually unplayable without community patch) and new developers made big stinking s**t on previous lore.

Hopper

Intruding Person's account, yes.
Me, who knows games:

allowme.jpg

So, here I have:

-Def Jam: Fight For New York
-Half-Life: Opposing Force
-Half-Life
-Half-Life 2
-Need For Speed: Most Wanted
-Cry Of Fear
-Afraid Of Monster