Looking for Artist Looking for Cover Art

TheKillingAlice

Schinken
Author Name: TheKillingAlice (Doesn't actually matter, I'm doing the composition myself)
Profession: Author (depending on who you ask)
Preferred Art Style: Digital Art (not specifically Anime style)
Story: Not online yet, also no title yet
Request:
So, well, I'm kind of out of ideas on a new novel I have in mind. I don't know what to call it and I have no idea on what to do about the cover.
In the end, though I'm not usually a great fan of covers with mostly one face on it, I decided to do an A.I. run on the protagonist and try to brainstorm using that.
I also believe I have a cover in mind, but due to a defect I have with Image recognition, I can't explain what it looks like. My brain can't decipher shapes if I don't see and classify them first. Like, I understand, with my knowledge, what a gun looks like, because I know exactly how it functions, so I could explain what it looks like by logic. But if I didn't know that and would describe it from memory of having seen it point five seconds earlier, I'd probably say it's a misshaped black piece of metal.
So, whatever I have in mind, I can't describe it, other than by logic (of what I want in it), that there's colorful throwing knives, as a hint on another character. And maybe the main character in the center, while there's a city skyline that's quite bleak and overall dark with shadows. But in reality, what I have in mind might just be a blob... With some colors. And my brain is like: Awesome cover, I'd take it!
If someone has a simple was of doing that, feel free. But that's probably too much detail to ask for.

Anyway, I tried using my A.I. text to image generator, though I'm real shit at using it, tying to generate a guy looking like this:
- teenage boy ("boy" was important, because he's not shaped like some hunk)
- brown hair
- creepy / eerie mask
- it might be too much to ask for, because of details, but he's wearing a sloppily cropped shirt
- fingerless black gloves
- a leather jacket
- black pants
- military boots
- tribal tattoo on his neck in the front, it actually says "renegade", but I guess that won't happen with A.I. images, so whatever on this one
- eyes glowing orange / golden
- all of it bloody
- he carries a bowie knife

If someone comes up with whatever for what I have just said, surprise me. I'm getting frustrated. Because of my lack in what I can and can't describe, I'm getting too focused on the details I know I want in it and lose the bigger picture to the void. That's why me and A.I. will probably never befriend.

I tried it simple and this was the result I got:
LeL.jpg

Awww, look how cute he is, this is so... NOT WHAT I WAS ASKING FOR, FIREFLY :blob_catflip:

And not just that. It sucks doing guys in general. I got four results on asking with slightly altered key words and the faces were atrocious, also: two of the results ended up being female anyway. Both looked totally normal and well done. But I didn't ask for a female.
IMG_20231021_121703.jpg

Like, seriously, what is this Squidward-looking mfer? :blob_popcorn_two:

EldritchPotato

Eldritch deity & really hard thinker.
If you’re looking for an artist check out Fiver. You can get a professional graphic designer to make you something for 15/30$. In the art world it’s fairly cheep and it will be better than anything AI can make.
good luck!

TheKillingAlice

Schinken
If you’re looking for an artist check out Fiver. You can get a professional graphic designer to make you something for 15/30$. In the art world it’s fairly cheep and it will be better than anything AI can make.
good luck!
Nah, if I could afford that right now, I would, but I'm working on a few other things, so I can't really do that.
I don't know if I truly want to work with A.I., I'd prefer paying an Artist any day if I needed one, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Otherwise, I wouldn't have asked (question for artist, because I gathered that from a post saying how to put in a request).
Though I would understand if no one can work with that shit I gave xD

D

Deleted member 54065

Uh, just to be clear though, you're looking for an artist to work for your request for free? Or an AI Prompter?

TheKillingAlice

Schinken
Most recent, feedback on preferred style?
It's very similar to the looks of the first picture that @Tempokai posted. Bro doesn't necessarily look intimidating. But he wears a thin wooden mask on his face, that covers his face fully, only his eyes shine through (he needs to be able to see things). Also, long sleeves, lol xD

TheKillingAlice

Schinken
Technically you could, but the AI I use took this pic and went “get (gender)bent”
:blob_blank:
Looks like @Tempokai has it covered beautifully! I’ll be dropping this blooper here tho:
View attachment 23161
AI said “Summon the Smuthub” on that one
Holy shit. The story has indeed smut parts, but that would be a bit on the nose. I'm still going for the main story with my brain farts :blob_cookie::blob_dizzy:
I guess I will see if I can work with either of them. The sad thing is, except for the fact that it's anime style, that's almost exactly what I'm looking for, just all of it separated and I would need to mash them up for a fitting image. Somehow, it seems I will have to wait with the story until I can afford an actual artist after all. I don't know if I can work with this for a while anyway.
Thank you so much for your trouble! I mean, if anything, I can take those to the artist and show them for reference.

I mean, in the end it's just a small story, so to be really honest, paying around a hundred bucks (15/30 are usually for either very simple commissions, which this one wouldn't be) for a story that's just for funzies on the internet seems a bit excessive to me, as my job doesn't pay awfully well. But my mind is too set on the traits I want his outer look to have. Maybe I will find a way to do a cover without anything like that, but right now I'm out of ideas, as I mentioned before.
Anyway, thank youuu :blob_cookie: 🙇‍♀️

Last edited:

TheKillingAlice

Schinken
I would still follow up with the fact that my brain suddenly unclogged and, with the help of my lovely best friend, finally found a title. Since I'm now capable of actually doing a logo design, I might just be able to come up with a cover that doesn't need AI artwork (or any other, for that matter). So, I feel a lot better now somehow.
LogoLOL.jpg