Recommendations Looking for GL/Sapphic Battle Couples

RiaCorvidiva

Lady with a Caws.
Apparently my search-fu is weak as a new person here, because when I search for 'Girls Love' and 'Fantasy' genres, with the 'power couple' tag, I was getting straight smut* and BL works that I am decidedly not interested in. So if anyone wants to help me find more works along these lines, I'd be very appreciative.

*I'm fine with adult / sexual content, but I want there to be a plot that isn't just an excuse to spend more time in the bedroom.

LilRora

Mostly formless
Not sure what exactly you mean by battle couples, but I think Demonic Devourer will fit best from the stories I know. Also Reborn from the Cosmos, although that one's on the quirkier side, then We're Not So Different, You and I - this has some themes you might want to be careful of but it's good, then I think Stray Cat Strut and Tinea and Leah. Some of those might fit better or worse, and some might touch things you don't wanna in your stories, but I'm putting them here anyway since it's for you to decide. I think all of them are on Scribble, if not then RoyalRoad.

RiaCorvidiva

Lady with a Caws.
Read & enjoyed Reborn from the Cosmos, though I got arc fatigue in Part 6 and am waiting on Part 7 to build a backlog before I binge it.

By 'battle couples', I just mean two (or more, not gonna judge) women who fight together and who are in an intimate relationship with each other. No harems, but polyamory is fine as long as it's a sapphic polycule.

LilRora

Mostly formless
Read & enjoyed Reborn from the Cosmos, though I got arc fatigue in Part 6 and am waiting on Part 7 to build a backlog before I binge it.

By 'battle couples', I just mean two (or more, not gonna judge) women who fight together and who are in an intimate relationship with each other. No harems, but polyamory is fine as long as it's a sapphic polycule.
Ah, then Stray Cat Strut won't be that, and the previous one also might not. I just remembered though, The Forunner Innitiative is also really good.

Reinaislost

Miss Direction
Admittedly, there aren't a whole lot of them.

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/541751/cutting-to-life-an-npc-litrpg-battle-royale/ (no romance till now, but the fl has been introduced. There's potential if the author decides to continue the novel)

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/20379/days-of-blood-and-roses-a-magical-girl-thriller (a little weird, but in a good way/girl's love is involved, but not as couples )

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/37003/the-rise-of-chaos-genesis (it has what you want and is highly recommended by me)

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/67499/the-machinist-of-the-apocalyptic-world (another that fits your bill)

Last edited:

RiaCorvidiva

Lady with a Caws.
Absolutely loved Rise of Chaos: Genesis and is on my favorites on RR. Too bad it's on hiatus now. :(

Will look into the others.

RiaCorvidiva

Lady with a Caws.
Oh sweet, this is exciting. Figured she burned out a bit after Writathon but great to know she's coming back soon.

Yati

I enjoyed Reavers Song. And its finished so you don't have to wait for new chapters :)

Enkiari

... sigh... I'll also add my story to the suggestions... It's not exactly what is asked for, but it does have a few instances of MC fighting together with the love interest.
The most notable example would be the concluding events of the first large arc, which is more than 50 chapters in.
It feels so weird to tell people to read my work. So yeah, that's it. Uh...

Have fun?
Suggesting-Your-Own-Work-Sucks Enkiari

I would also suggest my own work but it’s slow burn and there won’t be much actions until later chapters. I have been searching for similar works too but the popular ones are harem which I’m not a big fan.

RiaCorvidiva

Lady with a Caws.
Have you tried reading Trouble With Horns, Ryn of Avonside, or any other novels by QuietValorie?
I am not familiar with this author; can you link their page or works so I can check them out?

Lynda-shi

These are my favorite GL stories that have a big focus on the MC and her lover(s) but I'm not a100% sure it's power couple or not ...
The following works's MC range from antihero to evil so if you're looking for happy go lucky MC who saves the world from evil with love and friendship power these are not what you looking for.
Maou Shoujo Magical Chaos
Oathholder (Heretical Oaths)
The Unified States of Mana
Path of the Whisper Woman
A Jaded Life
Fates Parallel
Demonic Devourer
Emmy And Me
Maid to Kill
Forgotten
Katalepsis
Feast or Famine
World Of Swords
Natasha the Halve
Reborn From the Cosmos
I was bored so I made a secret organization
[Psychokinetic] Eyeball Pulling
IMMORTAL ICE EMPRESS: PATH TO VENGEANCE ...

Wyn

You can try my work if you want. I can't promise you if it's good though as everyone has their preference for a book they like. It's GL though so there is that.

Untouchable

miyoga

I am not familiar with this author; can you link their page or works so I can check them out?
Here's the link to Val's page, and I can attest that pretty much all of her current/public stories are going to be what you're looking for. https://www.scribblehub.com/profile/12662/quietvalerie/

I'd also suggest starting with some of the older works so you can see some neat little easter eggs and shoutouts as you get to the newer stuff. Demonic Devourer is also a good choice with a slow burn romance once the love interest is introduced. I'd also recommend a few other authors with connections to Valerie (Her girlfriend Trashlyn, and Purplecatgirl) as their works also feature a bit of what you're looking for but tend to be more SOL on the whole.

EDIT: Here's a link to the RR version of Demonic Devourer as the author has continued posting there - https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/65887/demonic-devourer

Last edited:

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Apparently my search-fu is weak as a new person here, because when I search for 'Girls Love' and 'Fantasy' genres, with the 'power couple' tag, I was getting straight smut* and BL works that I am decidedly not interested in. So if anyone wants to help me find more works along these lines, I'd be very appreciative.

*I'm fine with adult / sexual content, but I want there to be a plot that isn't just an excuse to spend more time in the bedroom.
what is a sapphic

Nyx_Sage

You might give my story a try. It's a GL and I'm taking my time building up to the super steamy stuff. If you are interested please let me know :) Hope you enjoy!

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/1062508/my-alien-savior/