Recommendations Looking for specific type of novel

CosmicPrime

Hey guys, can anyone reccomend me a novel exactly like or at least really similar to Martial World and or History Number One Founder? And when I say similar, I don't mean novels like Against The Gods, Martial Peak, Emperor's Domination, Martial God Asura, or really any other generic xianxia or xuanhaun novel. I can't help but feel that many of those novels and series are just the same compared to how Martial World and Hstory Number One Founder is written.

Basically, I want novels that has the same or similar writing style to Martial World and or History Number One Founder. These novels have great pacing on the enemies they fight, don't bore down the story with boring shit like politics or pill making and geniunely know how to inspire thrills. Like I love how Lin Ming is written, I love how he cultivates, I love how his cultivation is properly pace and he doesn't take a thousand chapters to reach one stage and I love how is combat prowess is consistently high rather than being nerf in later chapters and I love how determined he is with cultivation and all battles he's in Lin Ming truly dominates. And I would really prefer if it was a harem like Martial World, where Lin Ming doesn't have to deal with annoying melodrama shit of the girls being jealous of each other or having to deal with a girl's bitch cold attitude until he melts her heart or some dumb shit. But I also don't mind if it's like History Number One Founder where Lin Feng doesn't have any romantic interest and is just a master everyone looks up to. Also I read Lord Xue Yue Ying and Desolate Era and lost interest in both those novels towards the end.

Last edited:

BernKatstel

Witch of miracles/Miracle feline
Hey guys, can anyone reccomend me a novel exactly like or at least really similar to Martial World and or History Number One Founder? And when I say similar, I don't mean novels like Against The Gods, Martial Peak, Emperor's Domination, Martial God Asura, or really any other generic xianxia or xuanhaun novel. I can't help but feel that many of those novels and series are just the same compared to how Martial World and Hstory Number One Founder is written.

Basically, I want novels that has the same or similar writing style to Martial World and or History Number One Founder. These novels have great pacing on the enemies they fight, don't bore down the story with boring shit like politics or pill making and geniunely know how to inspire thrills. Like I love how Lin Ming is written, I love how he cultivates, I love how his cultivation is properly pace and he doesn't take a thousand chapters to reach one stage and I love how is combat prowess is consistently high rather than being nerf in later chapters and I love how determined he is with cultivation and all battles he's in Lin Ming truly dominates. And I would really prefer if it was a harem like Martial World, where Lin Ming doesn't have to deal with annoying melodrama shit of the girls being jealous of each other or having to deal with a girl's bitch cold attitude until he melts her heart or some dumb shit. But I also don't mind if it's like History Number One Founder where Lin Feng doesn't have any romantic interest and is just a master everyone looks up to.
Huh, have you checked out any of Er Gen’s or I eat tomatoes’ novels? There’s also History’s number one senior brother from the same author

CosmicPrime

Huh, have you checked out any of Er Gen’s or I eat tomatoes’ novels? There’s also History’s number one senior brother from the same author
Er Gen novels don't really appeal to me. I did like Lord Xue Ying for the first half, but later on it just lost my interest. The same with Desolate Era, lost interest in the later half of the novel. And I don't know what is about History Number One Senior brother, but it just bored me. It's similar to how I love martial world, but True Martial World just isn't the same at all.

This is my recommendation and what I have read: Nine Star Hegemon Body Art(Harem, Cold gleam), Invincible Conquerer(Harem + Literal Protagonist Halo incarnation), Reverend Insanity(No harem, MC considers Eternal Life his couple. Focused), Stellar Transformation (One Dao Companion), Lord Xue Ying (One Dao Companion), Ancient Strengthening Technique (Harem), Dragon Marked War God ( You will like this one lol, MC courts death and fights everyone, blood-boiling to the core), Dragon Prince Yuan (There was a harem possibility but MC breaks a few hearts and decided to simp for a God Realm cold beauty till the end. I liked the fights and overall story nonetheless. It has a good Manhua adaptation.), Peerless Martial God(if an MC is named Lin Feng, they will be massacre), The Strongest System (Comedy + interesting battles + unconventional techniques)

NineHeadHeavenDevouringSerpent

Basically, I want novels that has the same or similar writing style to Martial World and or History Number One Founder. These novels have great pacing on the enemies they fight, don't bore down the story with boring shit like politics or pill making and geniunely know how to inspire thrills. Like I love how Lin Ming is written, I love how he cultivates, I love how his cultivation is properly pace and he doesn't take a thousand chapters to reach one stage and I love how is combat prowess is consistently high rather than being nerf in later chapters and I love how determined he is with cultivation and all battles he's in Lin Ming truly dominates. And I would really prefer if it was a harem like Martial World, where Lin Ming doesn't have to deal with annoying melodrama shit of the girls being jealous of each other or having to deal with a girl's bitch cold attitude until he melts her heart or some dumb shit. But I also don't mind if it's like History Number One Founder where Lin Feng doesn't have any romantic interest and is just a master everyone looks up to.

Hmmm martial world and history number one huh

You could try the True martial world, Zu Dong Qian Kun, Battle through the heavens, desolate era, renegade immortal.

I think history's greatest senior brother is literally the same thing as the founder, just that this guy is reincarnated and is a lot more hmm... serious

Personally senior brother or founder both felt too long winded, so i left off pretty early on so maybe they are not so similar. Just check them out i guess

CosmicPrime

This is my recommendation and what I have read: Nine Star Hegemon Body Art(Harem, Cold gleam), Invincible Conquerer(Harem + Literal Protagonist Halo incarnation), Reverend Insanity(No harem, MC considers Eternal Life his couple. Focused), Stellar Transformation (One Dao Companion), Lord Xue Ying (One Dao Companion), Ancient Strengthening Technique (Harem), Dragon Marked War God ( You will like this one lol, MC courts death and fights everyone, blood-boiling to the core), Dragon Prince Yuan (There was a harem possibility but MC breaks a few hearts and decided to simp for a God Realm cold beauty till the end. I liked the fights and overall story nonetheless. It has a good Manhua adaptation.), Peerless Martial God(if an MC is named Lin Feng, they will be massacre), The Strongest System (Comedy + interesting battles + unconventional techniques)
Read most of those novels and only liked Reverend Insanity from that list. Hated everything else besides Lord Xue Ying and Stellar Transformation, the other novels are what I hate in this genre. It's more in terms of their writing style, they look similar to Martial World but Martial World at least in my opinion has a far better style and Mc.
Hmmm martial world and history number one huh

You could try the True martial world, Zu Dong Qian Kun, Battle through the heavens, desolate era, renegade immortal.

I think history's greatest senior brother is literally the same thing as the founder, just that this guy is reincarnated and is a lot more hmm... serious

Personally senior brother or founder both felt too long winded, so i left off pretty early on so maybe they are not so similar. Just check them out i guess
Read those novels and didn't like anyone of them. Those novels just have all the annoying ass troupes I hate in this genre. True Martial World just doesn't have that same excitement Martial World has. At least for me, the way Martial World is written, it's style has a true focus on cultivation and how Lin Ming continually excels and can actually use his overwhelming strength to crush his enemies.

Sleds

I'm looking for Disney Sleds
Here my story:

@SailusGebel thx:blob_shade:
Also, the beginning have some info dump problem, but apparently (readers comment) it got way better after.

SailusGebel

Here my story:

You should probably elaborate a bit more to increase your chances. Like what was your inspiration and so on.

CosmicPrime

Here my story:

Also, the beginning have some info dump problem, but apparently (readers comment) it got way better after.
Well, I'll check it out, but I'm really want something with Martial World writing style. It's kind of hard to put it into words, but basically how Lin Ming is written to be a calm, intelligent and determined character who practically wins every fight he's in and cultivates at a good pace and has a consistent high combat prowess is what I'm looking for. Like the scene where Lin Ming solos the Ouyang clan, that the kind of novel I'm looking for.

Sleds

Basically, I want novels that has the same or similar writing style to Martial World and or History Number One Founder. These novels have great pacing on the enemies they fight, don't bore down the story with boring shit like politics or pill making and geniunely know how to inspire thrills. Like I love how Lin Ming is written, I love how he cultivates, I love how his cultivation is properly pace and he doesn't take a thousand chapters to reach one stage and I love how is combat prowess is consistently high rather than being nerf in later chapters and I love how determined he is with cultivation and all battles he's in Lin Ming truly dominates. And I would really prefer if it was a harem like Martial World, where Lin Ming doesn't have to deal with annoying melodrama shit of the girls being jealous of each other or having to deal with a girl's bitch cold attitude until he melts her heart or some dumb shit. But I also don't mind if it's like History Number One Founder where Lin Feng doesn't have any romantic interest and is just a master everyone looks up to. Also I read Lord Xue Yue Ying and Desolate Era and lost interest in both those novels towards the end.
Ok, let's elaborate.

First, I will be honest, the story have some flaws, It's the first time I wrote a story and the beginning have some info dump in the first three chapters. But after that, the story get better the longer you continue to read (or so the readers said)

The MC have flaws, he's not perfect and will make mistake that may or not cost him something.

The inspiration for writing this story mainly come from Soul Land series (Soul Land 3 precisely), Martial World and Against the god.

The story is a Xuanhuan story with sci-fi setting in it.
The starting plot is that rifts appeared 25,000 years ago in the universe connecting to other planets, beasts invaded the universe from those rifts, and when the cultivator get rid of them, they adventure throught those rifts and found new way to improve themself.
The story follow Kieran who had nightmare each night, seeing a war between infinite waves of beasts against myriad of races. In his dream, a woman fight by his side, but each time his nightmare end when the woman die, letting him wake up in panic with his emotions being torn apart.

Ps: There no harem.

If that interest you even a little, here the link:

Well, I'll check it out, but I'm really want something with Martial World writing style. It's kind of hard to put it into words, but basically how Lin Ming is written to be a calm, intelligent and determined character who practically wins every fight he's in and cultivates at a good pace and has a consistent high combat prowess is what I'm looking for. Like the scene where Lin Ming solos the Ouyang clan, that the kind of novel I'm looking for.
I won't said my story are at the level of Martial World, but my MC are calm and determined, the pacing are not slow or fast and his cultivation progress at a good rythm. If you want some scenes of the MC ripping apart a clan, that not really happen except one time if we can consider a "guild" in my universe as a clan.

Last edited:

Tsuru

Robot

True martial world
/just kidding
or in fact not, big recommendation

Is martial world good ? I have only read the "true" martial world version (same author)

True martial world in my life of reading chinese novels.
Is the most epitome writing quality of "fighting". Well. Armed fighting. "Martial arts master" being the "unarmed" epitome. (from author of Lord of mysteries)

Sleds

Is martial world good ? I have only read the "true" martial world version (same author)
True Martial World is the sequel.

And in the cultivation stories community, Martial World is see as the best cultivation story written.

Tsuru

Robot
Personally, didn't like it. However I don't like a lot of stuff that you like. So you should probably listen to Sleds.
Well i didnt like the "betrayed" part plot
(nor i even finished it entirely)

I like the "well written fighting" with a spear
True Martial World is the sequel.

And in the cultivation stories community, Martial World is see as the best cultivation story written.
Ty for the info