Recommendations Magic theory fantasy stuff

YueLqn

Hiya I just caught up with Reincarnation of Alysara, which reminded me of Time Twister (I think author took it down sadly..) and am now looking for something similar!
Something that goes in depth with how magic works and laws and stuff like that!

However I dont want romance, unless it's well done and the partner is likeable and has good relationship with mc !! (Like in Crossing to the future and I really am just an ordinary person), I'm alright with bg bl and gl !
NO harems, fanfiction please !!

However I do want more plot/theory focused :>

Also any recs dont have to fit into all I've said above, just tell me if it doesnt so I know before hand :D

Thank you!

Pontan

Well, I am making a story called "Spirit Squad: Weald of Sin", which fits the above requirements and has a hard magic system with quite alot of strict rules. Too bad I only have two chapters of it, and the uploads are very slow and random. You can check it out if you want. I hope to make the uploads more regular.
It is an isekai fantasy with a support/commander protagonist rather than a warrior/hero protagonist.

vaurwyn

Everyone dies someday, but I'm procrastinating
I'm going to recommend my own novel here (A Lonely Exploration of Tao), but be warned, it gets quite dark and depressing in the first 20 chapters.

MareoKen

My novel: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/468057/spirit-exorcists/

Has some of that theory stuff, but I only recently introduced it in the latest chapter, chapter 9. No harems and no romance (yet).

The magic system is centred around people's beliefs and the energy that comes from having those beliefs and thoughts. It makes it so that if one can convince enough people to believe something, and they pour their energy into that idea, it will come true. There are some limits but that's the general idea. I don't want to reveal too much but I think it could set up some pretty interesting mind games in the future.

Do check it out if it sounds interesting to you!