Morbidly overworking is a tradition in Japan. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
A lot of the current Japanese cultural issues stem back far far before WWII. I mean, just look at WWII itself. People like to talk about the Holocaust but Japan went for quality over quantity in terms of just pure evil. And it's not like that is unrelated. There's been a rigid collectivism to the Japanese for hundreds of years. It shows in different ways but the work environment is one.

A representative democracy is still a democracy. The idea that a Republic means you don't have a choice on who is and isn't elected is asinine. That's what the entire process is. And hell, Trump is a pretty good representation of that. The only way that man ends up in charge is if he can con the masses. He was president because enough people came together and said so. Democracy

The electoral college is theoretically undemocratic, but in practice they vote how their constituents vote. I'm not advocating for it and I do think we should abolish it, but let's not pretend like that invalidates everything. You have to find very rare and specific places where that has been the case. 99.99% of the time, America is a democracy.
We are not a representative democracy.

We are a Constitutional Republic. Therefore I'm ignoring the rest of your post since you didn't even get that part right. And you're typical liberal "orange man bad" rhetoric is another reason I'm ignoring your statement.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
We are not a representative democracy.

We are a Constitutional Republic. Therefore I'm ignoring the rest of your post since you didn't even get that part right.
Any system where the people vote by majority is a democracy. Voting in representatives is still a democracy as long as its done so by majority.

Reactions: CL

Discount_Blade

Any system where the people vote by majority is a democracy. Voting in representatives is still a democracy as long as its done so by majority.
And your typical liberal "orange man bad" rhetoric is another reason I'm calling into question everything you are saying. Especially since your kind voted Obama and even worse of all things, Biden.

I'm sure you marched with BLM and Antifa during their "peaceful protests" too.

Last edited:
  • Haha

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
And your typical liberal "orange man bad" rhetoric is another reason I'm calling into question everything you are saying. Especially since your kind voted Obama and even worse of all things, Biden.

I'm sure you marched with BLM and Antifa during their "peaceful protests" too.
Lol. "My kind". Biden was the first time I voted Democratic in my life because fuck 'em both.

But please elaborate. Just what is my kind.

Discount_Blade

Lol. "My kind". Biden was the first time I voted Democratic in my life because fuck 'em both.

But please elaborate. Just what is my kind.
It was self-evident in my statement. If I have to spell it out for you, then it makes sense as to why you voted Biden.

And just so you know, this IS a personal insult directed at your character. Nothing vague or indirect about it. We're done here. I get the feeling this is going to drag on longer than I'd like.

UnratedX

japanese making each other work they asses to death and americans still cryin about a guy whos not even in office :LOL: :LOL: can't make this shit up.

Discount_Blade

japanese making each other work they asses to death and americans still cryin about a guy whos not even in office :LOL: :LOL: can't make this shit up.
If you are referring to me, I made no complaints about somebody no longer in office. I insulted Trinary for a statement made about a former president and then that was it. I only insulted the one currently in office. So if you are referring to me, you either did not read my comment, or lack critical reading skills.

if you did not mean me, I'm sorry, I apologize for misunderstanding.

TheTrinary

Hi, I'm Stephen
It was self-evident in my statement. If I have to spell it out for you, then it makes sense as to why you voted Biden.

And just so you know, this IS a personal attack on your character. Nothing vague or indirect about it. We're done here. I get the feeling this is going to drag on longer than I'd like.
I actually want you to spell it out, because I don't think you can. I think you can only repeat vague -isms that you've heard repeated over and over again but don't even understand. For all the complaints about corporate think and the inability for individuals to come to their own opinion in a democracy, there's a shocking level of lack of self awareness. Everything you just said are words crafted by sloganeers who create an emotional reaction.

In your own words, explain what you mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.