Need feedback (Open for feedback exchange)

DalangTala

ℳᴇʀᴇ ℋᴜᴍᴀɴ
I need help with my novel, specifically, the Title, Synopsis and Description. I'm looking readers who enjoyed read similar novels before and readers who are not actually fond of the trope. I think, both opinions are necessary. You can reply on this thread or message me.

If you are also a writer, looking for a feedback exchange, you can post the link of your novel or forum thread after your review to my novel.

TITLE: Villainess Syndrome
(Previously Merge Riot!)

SYNOPSIS:

How to dig your own grave? —and other life snippets about a villainess who eats death flags for a living.

Coco is a trash-like existence. Her attitude just makes people around her cough blood. It's Earth's blessing that she died. And her descent is her next world's misfortune.

She realized that she transmigrated inside an otome game she used to play as Colette Corliss, the villainess. Nothing to worry about. She can just use her game knowledge to avoid death flags or something, right?

It’s just that the plot became nothing but fart. All because she transmigrated in a world where numerous otome games co-exists. A world with plenty of protagonists with different tiers of heroine halos. A bunch of Rival Characters. Love interests confusing who their heroine was. There was only one word to describe her current circumstance. Chaos! But it isn't necessarily a bad thing. She smirked to herself.

"In chaos, I thrive. Duh."

---------------------

To guide you, here are the most important things for me right now:
  • Title - Is it confusing? Does it grab attention? Is it suitable for my novel?
  • Synopsis - Is it interesting? Does it make sense?
  • Main Character - Any thoughts about her? Is she even likeable?
  • First Chapter - Does it make you want to continue reading the novel? Are there issues or things that irks you?

Much better if you can give me a detailed feedback on chapter 1
  • Opening Line - Any thoughts?
  • Narration - Is it clear? Are there sentences that are too long or caused you to pause because you have no idea what's going on? Is it interesting?
  • Flow - does the scenes flow naturally?
  • Dialogues - Are there too many unnecessary dialogues? Are there dialogues that sound unnatural (especially for native english speakers)?
  • Pacing - Does it feels draggy? Or is it just right for a chapter 1?
  • Characters - Are they distinguishable from one another? Can you visualize them?
  • End line - Did it end naturally? Any comments.
  • Overall - Does it make you want to continue reading the novel? Why?

Also, if you have thoughts on the grammar, and if there are other technical concerns, I will also appreciate it. Please harsh on it.

Last edited: