New front page short list

Ninetailed_Furball

I think only having the three listings on the front page is a bit lacking, especially for the sake of upcoming stars.
Trending favours established series no matter how the sorting algorithm is set up, and I think it should be accepted as is (not the current algorithm, but accepting that already popular series will have massive advantages over new stories).
Latest series is nice, but also kinda weak. It's a pain to just read something that has only one chapter that might not even be 1k words long. I personally don't even want to add them to my reading list until they reach at least a handful of chapters. It's mostly just a nice to have thing, but I don't think I've yet to actually find a series I was willing to follow through it.
Latest updates is almost as bad, and is only good to know if a series you're already reading has posted in the last 6 hours or so.
What's needed I think is "Top new reviews". Stories that got the best reviews in the last day. It should automatically disqualify anything in the top 9, or even the top 20 trending stories, but be entirely based on reviews. Preferably written reviews rather than star ratings, but I know how few people actually write reviews, so star ratings might be the only way. But making a list from stories that got top star ratings of the day that don't include already trending series would give new, good stories a leg up they need I think.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Latest series is nice, but also kinda weak. It's a pain to just read something that has only one chapter that might not even be 1k words long. I personally don't even want to add them to my reading list until they reach at least a handful of chapters. It's mostly just a nice to have thing, but I don't think I've yet to actually find a series I was willing to follow through it.

I think the latest series section should have stories with at least 15 chapters before being featured there. Maybe 15 is too much but if it is a series, that much should be too much to ask? But then again, there are short stories about 8 chapters long so I can't really decide what would be a great go-around for that section.

Ninetailed_Furball

I think the latest series section should have stories with at least 15 chapters before being featured there. Maybe 15 is too much but if it is a series, that much should be too much to ask? But then again, there are short stories about 8 chapters long so I can't really decide what would be a great go-around for that section.
I don't think basing it on chapters is ideal. It would only promote rapidly releasing short chapters as the current system already does. Instead, I prefer word count.
I personally like waiting until the word count is in the 50k range before giving a series a read, as it allows enough content to be built up that you both have a good idea how the series feels as well as the direction it goes. It also weeds out quick series an author starts for lukewarm reasons and quickly peters out.
There should be an exception for stories marked one-shots, but any story originally marked one-shot then the marker is removed shouldn't be eligible to return to the latest series list.