• Danish

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Swedish

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

doravg

133/4001 (finally counted the stories)
So, I would like to learn a language next year. Italian was too much for me because it had so many forms, but I was thinking that a Germanic language would be easier, since I didn't have that much trouble with German, as opposed to Italian. So, what do you think I could learn?

Dutch
Norwegian
Danish
Swedish

My goal is to learn the language well enough to go on a vacation in the country. See new things, that sort of thing. I will be using Duolingo, since nothing else works for me. Also, I will be putting fort 1 hour a day in two 30 minutes blocks towards learning the language. Plus, I will do the Paul Noble courses for that language. I know it will probably take me more than a year, but my goal is to get in the flow of the learning process and build up a daily 1-hour learning habit.

(And I really want to make runes with an existing language. My readers liked that when I did it with Italian. But this time I don't want to use a translator for it.)

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Can you please give me a couple of pros and cons?
I don't have any pros or cons. It is a beautiful country and the native language of one of my dearest friends. Though, I do like how it sounds.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Has it retained its viking vibes?

OatMush

up to no good
SWEDEN! SWEDEN! SWEDEN! SWEDEN! SWEDEN! SWEDEN! SWEDEN! SWEDEN!

MatchaChocolate69

What happens when the mirror breaks?
For practicality, I advise you to skip Italian and Scandinavian languages. If you don't already know them, I recommend Spanish, Chinese, French, and Russian. These are the most important languages to learn along with English and German (which you already know).

doravg

133/4001 (finally counted the stories)
For practicality, I advise you to skip Italian and Scandinavian languages. If you don't already know them, I recommend Spanish, Chinese, French, and Russian. These are the most important languages to learn along with English and German (which you already know).
All those languages you mentioned are languages I failed at already. And, honestly, I just want a language I can pass off as a magical rune language. Swedish sounds cool.