Opinions/rules about reposting new version of a series

OatMush

up to no good
Hello, I'm in the process of rewriting my series from scratch, 80% is new words, but I am keeping some paragraphs from the old version.
Should I:
A) just remove the old chapters from the old page and reupload the new chapters to the same page.
B) just make a new series, and rename the old to [draft] or something.

I don't have a preference, I don't have any reviews or many active readers, so I'm not gaining or losing anything. If there are rules somewhere I should follow, other than the content guidelines, I can't find them. Searching the forum didn't give me answers either. Sorry if this post is a repeat, I did look.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Delete the old one and start re-uploading.

When I see a story with the words Draft, Re-write, Remake, Remaster, Alpha version, Beta 0.8, etc., it makes me cringe.

But that's just me so don't take it as gospel.

LilRora

Mostly formless
Common sense is usually enough here. Whether you delete the old version or replace the chapters or make a new story and rename the old one, just make it clear what happened and you'll be fine. My personal preference is just replacing chapters with their new versions if it's just editing or making a new story and renaming/deleting the old one if the new version is significantly different from the previous one, but that's just my own.

Akaichi

Keep the old version, just put a Re, Kai, Remasttered... ru... at the end of the new ones name... or just write it under a difrent name completley.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
depends on what you want really. others have already pointed out the many and varied ways to do it.

killwrites

Need motivation
For myself, I changed the title of my original story and added an author's note in the first chapter detailing the changes I'd done, which seems to work fine :blob_cookie:

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Also, what many people here forget:

• Replacing chapters doesn't give you visibility.
  • Deleting the old and starting anew places you in the latest series tab on the front page.
If you want to draw eyes to your work, it is better to start anew and not replace old chapters because you won't have any growth.

Don't be your own enemy; use the tools given to you.

Jemini

In my case, the changes I made to my re-write version were quite dramatic. Like, a total re-ordering of several major events as well as a few name changes. One of these name changes was actually the name of the series itself.

So, it wasn't just an editing for form or presentation. It was effectively a completely different story that just started similarly and was set in an identical world with a few of the same characters. As such, I kept my "Second Life as the Sister of a Goddess" series up as is with a note that it was being discontinued and re-written with a name change. ("Key to the Void" is the new title for any who are curious.)

This also has the added benefit of the fact that "Sister of a Goddess" was something I managed to slip in when the site was still young, and it managed to actually attract some attention and stay on the top list, which in turn allowed it to get even more attention. As such, it is still earning quite a few daily views just from existing high on a few of the tags lists. And, since "Sister of a Goddess" also contains a link to my "Key to the Void" series, this means keeping "Sister of a Goddess" up is actually still driving some traffic to my new version of the series. This makes it extra worth keeping around.

OatMush

up to no good
Alright, it sounds like I can do whatever I want then, I was just worried I was missing some secret rules or etiquette guide.
@Corty I'll probably go with that. Maybe just keep the old one up for a while for the like 5 active readers.
@Everyone Else thanks for opinions/advice