Posted my first story, don't know if I'm actually doing well

Vnator

So I've been posting my story here, but I've had no reviews and I don't know if there's something I could be doing better with my story.

It's mostly a deconstruction of the Isekai genre, but with plenty of seriousness and laughs where it's needed. It's about an organization of ex-isekai protagonists who go around stopping selfish kings and whatnot from abusing summoning rituals and bringing over people from Earth just to use them as political pawns and toss them aside when they're no longer useful, or from bringing them into horrific worlds where there's nothing but suffering and death awaiting them. (Chosen ones to fight against the Dark Lord and whatnot is perfectly fine, however).

Synopsis:
What happens when the promised isekai fantasy goes wrong? Instead of great power, beautiful women, and level-ups galore, you become a pawn in a political game just to be sacrificed for the sake of some morally corrupt nobles.

Years ago, seven people from Earth who were subjected to this cruel twist of fate had the chance of meeting and swore to put a stop to this once and for all. Together, they formed the Terran Otherworldly Advocacy League, an organization that uses the collective knowledge and skills of previous Isekai protagonists to protect other Earthers wherever they may be across the multiverse!

Artyom Choi, one of the organization’s founding members and captain of their combat branch, has grown cynical of anyone not from Earth due to being embittered by years of seeing the worst these fantastical worlds have to offer. Ironically, his latest mission takes him to a seemingly idyllic fantasy world where innocence rules the hearts of its people. He must investigate the presence of Earth culture without the accompanying summoning magic, but something in this world is amiss, and its dark secrets could spell doom for the mission and Artyom both.

And here's the link. Let me know what you think and what could be better!

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/276570/the-isekai-police-aka-earths-advocates/

Monk_Origins

Aye, its doin' pretty well just by the look I had at your statistics. You are pulling nice number of views, your chapters aren't short for SH, and you made it to trending. Added it to my reading list.
If I was forced to give advice, I would say that you are posting chapters a little too fast, and leaving very little room for interaction. Maybe add a question or two, perhaps even a poll to the end of the chapters? Try to make the writing feel like a journey you are taking with the readers, rather than you pumping out content and your readers consuming it. Perhaps share a thought or a worry at the end.
But that's just me, you know. You do you.
Edit: huh. So SH merges the posts if you post twice in a row? Very cool. @Vnator just in case you don't see the second part.

Last edited:

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Don't worry... I've got no reviews and my shit is probably shittier than yours.

D

Deleted member 45782

I think its a good unique twist to isekai stories. Its like what if alfonse became evil in feh haha..

But its nice and your synopsis is pretty good.