Proper explanation of "Why parents divorce"

Jet

It's usually because of unfaithfulness. If both are faithful and have no love on the outside... What's the point to divorce even if they stopped loving each other? It's a needless hassle. People divorce to remarry or just stay in a different relationship...

Last edited:

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
women not wanting to be with an asshole that pretended to be nice at the start is not feminism lol, and vice versa. traditional marriage is possible as long as both people love each other and are sincere partners that work together, and dont treat each other like shit
Lloyd is an asshole troll. Ignore the shit that comes out of his mouth. You’ll start arguing, only to realize that you have thoroughly crushed his argument with a foot-long paragraph and receive another 1 sentence absurd statement back that is not funny, stupid, and trolling. He’s not worth the effort.

Deathfunny

There's a multitudes of reasons for why, but I guess the large contributing factor is the fact that most of them have little to no shared similar interests, beliefs and personality, often causing distrust and misunderstanding ultimately leading to divorce.

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
1). They were forced into marriage because of society,

2). One or both are jackasses who didn't give much thought to marriage and their future children, so they married due to the 'heat' of the moment,

3). One or both are selfish pricks who only thinks of their own happiness and got 'burned' when they realized marriage and family are not always happy thoughts, and it is actually a life-long commitment and sacrifice.

Those are just some--but most common--reasons why most marriages break down, based on my observation and experiences as a teacher. I deal with their children, most of whom are raped, molested and abused. The experiences gave me personal trauma that affects me up to this day.

Also, while I don't agree with the trivialization of marriage and family, I agree with divorce because some unions are just so toxic for the children they are better off in the care of just one parent.

As an educator, I learned to never underestimate the ability of children to understand their situation, especially those come from broken and dysfunctional families. They know, and are aware; it's just that, they needed someone they can trust to talk about it.
Normally I would sad react to this type of terrible thing, but it is awesome that you took your time to give such a well-thought out, intelligent response. And extra super awesome that you are sharing something so personal, even if painful for you to do so. So love react it is! Hope that sharing it is a weight off your shoulders, rather than dredging up old and new muck (metaphorical muck, like emotions and trauma). So sorry that you have to deal with that constant barrage. And it’s rough that they have so few to talk to about the cruelties they face.

AYM

Average cilantro enjoyer
Several realms above the weakest mortal realm, an immortal had unleashed his Karma-Severing Blade. It was so powerful its effects were felt even in the lower realms, which led to court magistrates finalizing divorce papers or parents getting lost when buying milk.

Hans.Trondheim

Mr Negative | Avoid at all cost
Normally I would sad react to this type of terrible thing, but it is awesome that you took your time to give such a well-thought out, intelligent response. And extra super awesome that you are sharing something so personal, even if painful for you to do so. So love react it is! Hope that sharing it is a weight off your shoulders, rather than dredging up old and new muck (metaphorical muck, like emotions and trauma). So sorry that you have to deal with that constant barrage. And it’s rough that they have so few to talk to about the cruelties they face.
I was just talking about it in the Discord server yesterday, of how some parents don't deserved to be parents because of the effects they gave to their children. I decided to be vocal about my experiences, since I read it helps me deal with the shits I experienced helping my students, and also to raise awareness of what's really going on within our schools, and society, as a whole.

Honestly, it is difficult. Last month, our education ministry conducted a seminar to us teachers in the public sector, for there's an alarming rate of child abuse cases (sexual, emotional, physical) that involve both family and school nowadays. Teachers, parents, relatives, siblings...you name it, I have a case to tell.

While I'm glad that the problem was finally recognized by our education secretary, it was the first time I broke down before my fellow educators, because I was relating what I dealt with at my previous school (and where I lost my first job because of my rapist co-teacher who threatened to kill me). And really, I admit I need a counselor, or a psychiatrist, to help with the traumas (I only listened and is supposed to be a 'third-party', but it really gets into your soul...listening to the victims' stories). What's even more difficult is that, I can't stop listening. Even in my new school today, students come to me to tell me their problems...and I'm not trained to be a guidance counselor (I'm just an ordinary teacher).

That's why I can't really find the heart to forgive those parents who only think of their 'happiness'. Children who come from broken, dysfunctional homes are always at high risk of getting abused, and their trust, broken. Sure, such parents may profess 'I love my child', but for fuck's sake, if you really loved your child you won't fuck with your family. Or better yet, don't make a family at all.

Also, thank you for the kind words. I really need those today.

Last edited:

SternenklarenRitter

Parents divorce because once in a while neither the government incentives (there are a lot of these in my country, mostly based on subsidized healthcare or tax benefits) nor the romantic ideals of marriage live up to the reality of actually living together for decades to come.

doravg

105/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
I hope you never have to explain something like that to your child. To answer the question, I have no idea. I was lucky enough to have parents, who actually took their wedding vows and the fact they had two children together seriously.