Recommendations Protagonist slapped by Harsh Reality

ACertainPassingUser

Is there stories where the delusional/typical beta or even alpha protagonist is being forced to face the hard truth of reality in the fantasy world, to show that the fantasy world isn't like what you think.

I kinda like reality slap of ReZero, where MC expect magical summoning girl and beautiful ceremony, but ends up as a broke on the street that can't do anything magical, and being powerlessly mugged and beaten up by the bandits and thugs.

I don't really like harem/mc being close to too many girls in Re Zero. But romance is welcome, albeit not requested.

Well, the snap to reality, faces to the reality of the harsh world, and how MC forced to adapt to circumstances is the thing I search.

I would like to see similarly written stories.

Thanks for reading.

SailusGebel

Firepunch

LilRora

Mostly formless
Azarinth Healer, maybe? I'm not sure if that's what you're thinking about, but it definitely matches in many aspects. No beta or alpha protag though, and there's high chance you've read it already.

Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation might also be kinda what you're looking for, but I haven't read it myself and again, chances are you've read it already cause it's popular.

TotallyHuman

Soul of Negari? Mc pays the ultimate price in literally the prologue for being gullible and thinking he is in an isekai anime

Tsuru

Robot
Goblin Slayer
probably the most famous "slapped by reality" among fantasy animes

Warning. Manga is more uncensored with the rape vs anime. And LN even more guro.

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Goblin Slayer
probably the most famous "slapped by reality" among fantasy animes

Warning. Manga is more uncensored with the rape vs anime. And LN even more guro.
Sounds fun.

Premier

Is there stories where the delusional/typical beta or even alpha protagonist is being forced to face the hard truth of reality in the fantasy world, to show that the fantasy world isn't like what you think.
If you want an Anime, Grimgar of Fantasy And Ash is about a bunch of kids Isekai'd into a fantasy world.

All the Alpha kids form their own group. All the ones left over are the ones the Anime follows. But they're not special, their teamwork sucks and they fuck up a lot. A lot of their fights are just pure flailing panic.

Tsuru

Robot
Sounds fun.
Spoiler analogy : Imagine kids thinking world is full of butterflies. Go on adventure. Ass kicked and killed very horribly. Then doomslayer music start. And doomslayer himself come, kill all the bad guys and save the only survivor, that will follow him from now on.
(joke)

But not really joke as there are probably memes about Goblin slayer and DoomSlayer. Also both dont speak a lot. Ruthless as f.

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺
I'm not sure how closely they match, but these stories had at least some elements of what you're asking for.