"Quantum Entanglement" caught on film.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Here is the original article:

Heres' the video showing you why it's bunk.

But that's not the point.

I'm just wondering, from an author's perspective:

We have the MC. He is someone studying "Magic". He is working out how magic works, what are the fundimental particles of magic and while he's doing his deep dive into sub-atomic properties of Mana, he finds THIS:

I mean, if you were looking at mana and found this show up as "quantum entangled magic", given the history of the symbol, how would you feel?
Would you go, "Goddamn, this has been around for thousands of years. Maybe this is some sort of indication that ancient civilizations knew something we didn't?"
Or would you go, "Huh. Odd." and move on with your life?

I don't want to overhype something, But I'm wondering if a cold, calculating researcher who basically believes in nothing and is sort of nihilistic discovers this, if he might have that moment of, "I wonder if there's something more."

I'm more going for, would this believable? Could you buy this sort of spiritual change in a character. Someone totally committed to finding the "WHY" behind everything then getting down to this level of reality and going, "This is... beautiful. Simple. Synergetic." and having an epiphany.

I need a "Moment". I need something that finally makes someone go from "EVERYTHING SUCKS" To "Maybe..." I'm not sure if this works.

Cosmictapestry

Let me give you a real-world reaction. I read this article in the news, got hyped up, and shared it with my friend who is into this sort of fantasy and has a PhD.
The first thing he said to me was, ‘How is this possible?’ Then he looked up the actual research paper, read it, and told me it was bull.

That’s what you’re asking right? How would a researcher react?

TremendousHuman

Actual reason behind demographic problems
It's not a conplicated shape. I'd say "Huh, pretty cool" and move on. There are lots of such fun patterns in real life

Peter3135566

My reaction to this in a world with everyday in both tech and magic and possbly magitech, after seeing this, would be like.... i wonder what higher lifeform is trolling me for the shits and giggles.

Tempokai

Overworked One
This video summarizes what you've want to say well. I'm just now was listening to this video, lol.

J_Chemist

I'd probably admire it for a second, then add it to the research side quest pile.

There is repetition all over the world so you could say some things are connected or related in a way, and the same things cropping up over and over again in different places is certainly strange, but there's no spiritual meaning behind it. It's likely more scientific, as there are many visible patterns in nature. I wouldn't make it a focus, but I'd keep an eye out while fishing around for other things.

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
Well as a neurotic nihilist I would say someone even more neurotic or delusional is biased and started to say bullshit.
But I'm a non-binary person of science that would with enough evidence believe it.