Skimming Tips

I have a bridge to sell you. When you buy the Brooklyn bridge, you can then make it a toll bridge and make all your money back in no time.
i get it now. very cute. chatgpt still doesnt remember what it outputs (globally).

melchi

What is a custom title?
I have a bridge to sell you. When you buy the Brooklyn bridge, you can then make it a toll bridge and make all your money back in no time.
Many people died building that bridge. The money would be cursed.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
i get it now. very cute. chatgpt still doesnt remember what it outputs (globally).
Yeah. Worked for Fleet Bank. We didn't sell or keep any personal information either. EXCEPT WHEN NEEDED FOR THE PROCESSING OF BUSINESS. That little part right there? It's in very disclaimer EVER. If it didn't exist, companies couldn't process your credit card statements. So, when you click on that "Agree to terms and services", you agree to that.

Now does ChatGPT, INC keep any info? I'm sure it doesn't. However, does it do business with anyone else? Like Fleet Bank did business with Fleet International? You see, when were dealt with Fleet International, we shared your personal information. They kept a copy of everything. We didn't. So we kept our word. It's not our fault another company kept a copy of everything, even if that company technically owned us.

So I'm sure ChatGPT, INC is deleting everything and I'm SURE a copy of everything isn't being sent to ChatGPT Holdings Unlimited or whatever it is called of a thousand possible shell corporations and I'm sure this other company isn't keeping a copy of everything you tell ChatGPT.

Yup Yup Yup.

Even if it would be VERY profitable and they wouldn't be breaking the agreement that YOU CLICKED OKAY ON.

Yes. We can totally trust ChatGPT to have been made out of the kindness of the hearts of the programmers and they in NO WAY HAVE A PLAN TO FUCK YOU AND WRING YOU FOR EVERY PENNY THEY CAN. You totally can trust ChatGPT. I have no doubt that ChatGPT v1.373t3hdh is in total agreement and the fact that ChatGPT v1.373t3hdi is not part of the agreement you clicked on and gets a copy of everything does not happen. Not at all.

Just like the NSA doesn't reroute every scrap of data it can off the internet to a server farm where they copy everything. Even though Congress admitted to this. And Whistleblowers have told everyone about this years ago. You can totally expect these people to not have a thousand loopholes put into the contract you auto-clicked and did not read because you wanted to use ChatGPT for your own personal gain.

So, about that bridge I have for sale. I accept Cash, Check, or Bitcoin.

Yeah. Worked for Fleet Bank. We didn't sell or keep any personal information either. EXCEPT WHEN NEEDED FOR THE PROCESSING OF BUSINESS. That little part right there? It's in very disclaimer EVER. If it didn't exist, companies couldn't process your credit card statements. So, when you click on that "Agree to terms and services", you agree to that.

Now does ChatGPT, INC keep any info? I'm sure it doesn't. However, does it do business with anyone else? Like Fleet Bank did business with Fleet International? You see, when were dealt with Fleet International, we shared your personal information. They kept a copy of everything. We didn't. So we kept our word. It's not our fault another company kept a copy of everything, even if that company technically owned us.

So I'm sure ChatGPT, INC is deleting everything and I'm SURE a copy of everything isn't being sent to ChatGPT Holdings Unlimited or whatever it is called of a thousand possible shell corporations and I'm sure this other company isn't keeping a copy of everything you tell ChatGPT.

Yup Yup Yup.

Even if it would be VERY profitable and they wouldn't be breaking the agreement that YOU CLICKED OKAY ON.

Yes. We can totally trust ChatGPT to have been made out of the kindness of the hearts of the programmers and they in NO WAY HAVE A PLAN TO FUCK YOU AND WRING YOU FOR EVERY PENNY THEY CAN. You totally can trust ChatGPT. I have no doubt that ChatGPT v1.373t3hdh is in total agreement and the fact that ChatGPT v1.373t3hdi is not part of the agreement you clicked on and gets a copy of everything does not happen. Not at all.

Just like the NSA doesn't reroute every scrap of data it can off the internet to a server farm where they copy everything. Even though Congress admitted to this. And Whistleblowers have told everyone about this years ago. You can totally expect these people to not have a thousand loopholes put into the contract you auto-clicked and did not read because you wanted to use ChatGPT for your own personal gain.

So, about that bridge I have for sale. I accept Cash, Check, or Bitcoin.
you went full shizo. openai saves the chats. it's in the terms and conditions. chatgpt, however, does not access the data it produced or you sent before (unless it's the same conversation). the data is saved sure but it does not access it. that would me unimaginable expensive. that's why every time you open a new chat, the conversation is reset.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Just look up the paragraph questions online? I am sure you can find them. I did a lot of shortcuts in college when I went. Especially in the history classes. Wrote bogus essays, and still passed through them.

D

Deleted member 113259

Just cheat. Unless the class is history.
If it's history you should read more than you're assigned.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
you went full shizo. openai saves the chats. it's in the terms and conditions. chatgpt, however, does not access the data it produced or you sent before (unless it's the same conversation). the data is saved sure but it does not access it. that would me unimaginable expensive. that's why every time you open a new chat, the conversation is reset.
*Blinks*
Wow. How Nieve. Listen up. I was a bill collector for over a decade. That includes Skip tracing. EVERYONE SELLS DATA. Lexus Nexus gets data from EVERYONE. data mining is worth BILLONS. I remember working for Redline. You got to run a search on yourself. They can buy data from Twitter, Facebook. Banks, CBRs, every phone number that ever was tied to every address you ever lived at, the name of everyone who every lived there, all of their phone numbers. 4 degrees of seperation was 20 bucks.

You expect me to believe ChatGPT is throwing away money? A hard drive is cheap as hell.

Your social security number? I can get that with an address you used to live at, your name, your birthdate and two bucks. (well, and a collector licence.)

ALL of these places lie. ALL of these place that are "Free to use" make MONEY data mining. All of them. No exceptions. I promise you. I basically vanished from social media after that because it was horrifying how much they could find out about me for 20 bucks.

There are no "free to use" anything. If it is free, it's datamining and someone is paying for it. Trust me. No exceptions. AT ALL. I could buy info FROM NEOPETS. I played that game once for some stupid contest to help a friend and they had my NEOPETS NAMES. Lexus Nexus knew I had a Blue Jub Jub named Quaalude.

WTF?

All these games you can play on your mobile app? They sell info as well. There is someone who wants to buy everything about you, and everyone is selling everything they can. Just deal with it.

*Blinks*
Wow. How Nieve. Listen up. I was a bill collector for over a decade. That includes Skip tracing. EVERYONE SELLS DATA. Lexus Nexus gets data from EVERYONE. data mining is worth BILLONS. I remember working for Redline. You got to run a search on yourself. They can buy data from Twitter, Facebook. Banks, CBRs, every phone number that ever was tied to every address you ever lived at, the name of everyone who every lived there, all of their phone numbers. 4 degrees of seperation was 20 bucks.

You expect me to believe ChatGPT is throwing away money? A hard drive is cheap as hell.

Your social security number? I can get that with an address you used to live at, your name, your birthdate and two bucks. (well, and a collector licence.)

ALL of these places lie. ALL of these place that are "Free to use" make MONEY data mining. All of them. No exceptions. I promise you. I basically vanished from social media after that because it was horrifying how much they could find out about me for 20 bucks.

There are no "free to use" anything. If it is free, it's datamining and someone is paying for it. Trust me. No exceptions. AT ALL. I could buy info FROM NEOPETS. I played that game once for some stupid contest to help a friend and they had my NEOPETS NAMES. Lexus Nexus knew I had a Blue Jub Jub named Quaalude.

WTF?

All these games you can play on your mobile app? They sell info as well. There is someone who wants to buy everything about you, and everyone is selling everything they can. Just deal with it.
i agree

Missivist

AI is about analysis of data. The textbook you used is data, the question you asked is data, and the answer you got is data. So, ChatGPT does not need to remember all the files that it produces. It just has to be able to analyze the question the teacher asked and the answer the teacher received from you and say, "Oh yeah, that looks a lot like something I would write. I don't remember anybody asking for this specifically, but I can say that this looks like something I would have provided in response to that question. Or maybe some other AI – we're a lot alike."

You can't say that's an unrealistic scenario. Well, you can say it, but I advise against betting your academic record against it.

I Googled: can AI identify essay from AI?
"Several tools are available that use AI to examine the patterns in the writing itself and determine if it was written by a fellow bot. A Princeton student recently made headlines for developing an anti-ChatGPT tool (the tool itself is not working reliably due to high traffic)."

Last edited:

MouseDestruction

You guys got any tips for skimming textbook chapters? I've got 8 chapters/320+ pgs of a history textbook plus corresponding paragraph questions to do for summer work. Since I’m starting a bit late and am a chronic procrastinator I know with absolute certainty I can’t just read it so does anyone know what I can do to effectively skim through it?
Most people are taught to sound words out in their head when they read, while helpful. Not actually necessary.
Can read a page by just running eyes over the lines of text. Takes a bit of practice though, I'm not great at it but its useful for browsing and finding research for sure.