So, about directly offering volumes...

NitroxDarks

Let's not get into details... All I'm asking is, would you consider buying a volume in ko-fi? For a small price. Amazon has a few things that don't allow me to create an account to sell stuff, so ko-fi's shop is my alternative so far, and don't know any other.

Trying to sell volumes through patreon doesn't seem promising, and I'm really that poor that I can't consider amazon membership, especially when it's a more-than-fickle gamble when I wrote the beginning of my novel with hurry and exhausted. It's readable, but the ',' and ';' and some extra words make the current me mentally distraught.

Anyway, just curious Q_Q.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
I have been selling my completed novels on multiple platforms, so you can try. Just don't expect that too many people would think about buying them. That number is astronomically low, in my experience.

Granted, I do have all of them up for free on SH. So, I am my own enemy in this regard.

But I go by how I would see it as a reader. If the story is good and fine, even if I can read it for free, I would want to own it, so yes, I would buy a volume and be able to read it anywhere.

But so far, that seems to be the minority. Or I just don't write good enough stories. That could also be the case.

doravg

106/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
I wish you luck!

(Coming from someone who has sold just about 30 books in total in the course of 2 years XD)

You know what will get you out of the poor state? Getting a day job!

Now, please hear me out:

You will be around other people, so you won't be isolated at home.
You can move out of your parent's house if you live with them.
Also, you will get a paycheck, dental and health insurance every month! (At least in Bulgaria, that is the case. I don't know how things are where you are from.)

Yes, you won't be able to write 10k-30k per day anymore, but at least the people won't narrow their eyes at you, in case you are out on a sunny day, and look unemployed.

And if you think you have no skills, just learn a language. You know English, so all languages are easy to learn with it.

Happy writing, and don't go down the starving artist route. It is not worth it.

:blob_cookie: :blob_cookie: :blob_cookie: :blob_cookie:

NitroxDarks

I wish you luck!

(Coming from someone who has sold just about 30 books in total in the course of 2 years XD)

Now, please hear me out:

Also, you will get a paycheck, dental and health insurance every month! (At least in Bulgaria, that is the case. I don't know how things are where you are from.)

Yes, you won't be able to write 10k-30k per day anymore, but at least the people won't narrow their eyes at you, in case you are out on a sunny day, and look unemployed.

And if you think you have no skills, just learn a language. You know English, so all languages are easy to learn with it.

ok

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
I wish you luck!

Now, please hear me out:

Solid advise. Writing should be considered as a hobby and not a profession tbh. In this day and age after agi come writters would find it even more hard to make it a profession. Maybe even nigh impossible. Plus it won't pay your bills...

doravg

106/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Solid advise. Writing should be considered as a hobby and not a profession tbh. In this day and age after agi come writters would find it even more hard to make it a profession. Maybe even nigh impossible. Plus it won't pay your bills...
Yes, AI really screwed us all over. Look at my profile pic, it is by Ai. But there are still people who favorite my AI pics, and even ones who wanted to buy some of them. I know it is a scam, so I don't agree, but I know a deviant who sells his ai pics for no less than 3 dollars per piece. If it can be done with pictures, it can be done with books.

While I am ashamed to admit it, as I first started writing in German it was a great struggle for me. I couldn't yet think in German, so when I got stuck, I let ChatGPT write me some scenes. Good thing it is homophobic, so I found out pretty quickly that I can't rely on it. But if I have to be honest, without ChatGPT I wouldn't be at the level of German I am today.

Ai is the bane of creativity, and only when it gives you restrictions, you will actually go beyond it. That said, by that point it won't matter. People will forever think you generated something with Ai.

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
Yes, AI really screwed us all over. Look at my profile pic, it is by Ai. But there are still people who favorite my AI pics, and even ones who wanted to buy some of them. I know it is a scam, so I don't agree, but I know a deviant who sells his ai pics for no less than 3 dollars per piece. If it can be done with pictures, it can be done with books.

While I am ashamed to admit it, as I first started writing in German it was a great struggle for me. I couldn't yet think in German, so when I got stuck, I let ChatGPT write me some scenes. Good thing it is homophobic, so I found out pretty quickly that I can't rely on it. But if I have to be honest, without ChatGPT I wouldn't be at the level of German I am today.

Ai is the bane of creativity, and only when it gives you restrictions, you will actually go beyond it. That said, by that point it won't matter. People will forever think you generated something with Ai.
I remember your post in the forms asking about this.. I agree. AI really is Gona be a brain rot for future generations.
When you become so reliant on a particular thing it would replace your hard work and the errors you make along the way.

Those error always teach.. if I make a key frame at the wrong timing and spacing then my animation would look wack and throw off my progress(as well as the verbal onslaught by me senior) .. if you can identify that issue of timing and spacing to fix it, then you could become a soild animatior..