Supernatural creatures with one/much more weird caveats

DekuKurohi

What would a combination of ZUN and Nasu be like?
Let's try thinking something weird(er) with supernatural creatures (Vampire, Succubus, Mermaid, Dryad, Elf, Kappa, Fae, etc.)

They're already weird but do the writers here have some sick/twisted/neat idea to make them weirder and more unique.

Vampires tend to get this a lot with bunch of variations across works (Different way to infect, might or might not be undead, maybe use their fingers to drink blood instead, glistens, weak/immune to sunlight, etc.) so maybe try other mythological/supernatural creatures.

PS. Encouraged to shill your work where you did just that.

APieceOfRock

Yuri Lover, endeed!
I read somewhere that a succubus' real body is its tail. Everything else is a trap to get sexual essence.

Tempokai

Overworked One
To harpies to fly you need them to have around 10x more wingspan. I read it few years ago in an article where greek myths were discussed

LilRora

Mostly formless
Oh boy, I've read a story once (I'd been hesitant to read it before that point, but that thing tipped the scale) where goblins felt pain as sexual pleasure. Always, as a whole race. I was like... damn, why go that damn far? Can't you just write a normal a masochist instead of doing something so convoluted?

Rhaps

Jedi Fae
I'm not gonna add a new twist, but reviving an old twist. Sirens, sometimes bird women sometimes fish women sometimes manatee Columbus fucked , have a really enchanting singing voice to lure in sailors, right? WRONG.

Instead, they lure sailors in because they can read minds and promised to give them what they want the most. That something being usually sex, I mean, being stuck in a boat for months will have you pent up a lot.

So, Sirens were ancient Greek's version of scammers. Let throw out sexy naked songtress and bring back sexy naked scammers!

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
In most stories I've read, kitsune are just fox-people. In the actual mythology, they are foxes that can appear as humans after they've grown enough in power. Similarly, kitsune have an object that is essentially their soul given form, and if stolen, you can basically order them around however you want because you have their power held hostage. They really don't like that, obviously, so it tends to end poorly.

In my story, I'm going with a fairly similar approach to the mythological version, in that the kitsune starts out as a fox (and still is atm) and eventually has a stone containing his soul.

D

Deleted member 54065

Let's try thinking something weird(er) with supernatural creatures (Vampire, Succubus, Mermaid, Dryad, Elf, Kappa, Fae, etc.)

They're already weird but do the writers here have some sick/twisted/neat idea to make them weirder and more unique.

Vampires tend to get this a lot with bunch of variations across works (Different way to infect, might or might not be undead, maybe use their fingers to drink blood instead, glistens, weak/immune to sunlight, etc.) so maybe try other mythological/supernatural creatures.

PS. Encouraged to shill your work where you did just that.
My beastmen disregard human conventions, like marriage, and the intimacy of sexual acts. Oh wait, that's normal?

Well, how about, my humans can marry up to five partners...each with a definitive role in the household like, first husband/wife is the patriarch/matriarch, second is the assistant/treasurer, and third to fifth are the 'guards' of the family.

Still normal?

Ayt. My demons shun human marriages, thinking of it as eternal slavery and they also practice free love...including their own family members.

I get it. It's normal again.

My elves are loyal and monogamous. Normal?

How about my dwarves actually the size of a human being, with colorful hair, and they'd argue with you once they saw your beliefs contrary to theirs with no hope of arguing back?

I guess my races are normal. Lol

Rhaps

Jedi Fae
In my novel, Eldritch Gods are the projection of stars in the universe. I got this inspiration from Cthugha of Lovecraftian Mytho, which is a primordial Eldritch Being representing a star, Fomalhaut.

So yeah, every Eldritch Gods in my novel are projections of the Stars cast onto Earth. Fun fact, Nyarlathotep is from the nebula called the Pillars of Creation.

Also God with the capital G is also an Eldritch God, their form is three white Rings.

Yes, our Sun does have an Eldritch God.

KrakenRiderEmma

I read somewhere that a succubus' real body is its tail. Everything else is a trap to get sexual essence.
Wait… isn’t this just the unique premise of the series by @Callyflour

TotallyHuman

Lemme think... in my stories demons physically alter reality by their presence alone - I guess that's not too interesting

Evil Gods are creatures outside of spacetime of any universe created by Lord Lucifer to slightly destroy reality and are responsible for implementations of stuff like gravity, enthropy, heat in most Universes - I guess that's not too interesting.

Vampires are very distant descendants of a Godlike race that is responsible for continuous existence of humans in many Universes because those beings control humanity from the shadows and instigate wars to harvest human life force and spirits en mass to fuel their population - eh, could be done better

Angels are thoughts of Gods given a form, so any angel is essentially a God lapring - maybe interesting?
I'm not gonna add a new twist, but reviving an old twist. Sirens, sometimes bird women sometimes fish women sometimes manatee Columbus fucked , have a really enchanting singing voice to lure in sailors, right? WRONG.

Instead, they lure sailors in because they can read minds and promised to give them what they want the most. That something being usually sex, I mean, being stuck in a boat for months will have you pent up a lot.

So, Sirens were ancient Greek's version of scammers. Let throw out sexy naked songtress and bring back sexy naked scammers!
Sexy fish women in your location! But that is far less interesting than them singing and mesmerising the sailors - also nobody can be horny enough to literally jump off a boat for some of those fish cheeks

Last edited:

CheertheSecond

The second coming of CheertheDead
For my story, Vampire is a degraded bioweapon created from the Vetala (being that consumes energy). The corrupted goddess created the vampire disease to easily raise a large army of reasonably strong but are vulnerable against sunlight (the goddess’s power) to combat other races that revolted against her.

The vampire in my story gains every typical power of most popular stories (weak to light, need blood to survive and be strong, can use dark magic, fast and strong, quick regenerative power (x10 that of normal human), can see in the dark).

The things they don’t have is that they are not some noble/prestigious lord of the night. Most races considered them fouled creature as low as walking corpses (mindless zombies, etc.) The Vetala themselves saw Vampire as an insult to their race as they themselves are being that are nigh immortal, have no weakness, can consume energy instead of blood to bolster their power while being as strong and fast as the vampire.

Goblin in my story is also much different. They are hulking being standing 3m tall and have an extremely muscular body with legs as big as pillars and thick bulky arms that dangled below their knees. They looks like an advanced version of the giant sloth (megatherium) only with no claws, much less body hair, but greater packs of muscles for better use of tools. They still rely on number while combating the corrupted goddess’ angels because their allied races are just much more op with their unique traits.

The slime is a massive collective that consumes all matter and is one of the great races in the fight against the Goddess along with the Goblin. They have no core to serve as a weakness. They are just mass blob of jelly-like matter that are composed of countless microscopic constituents. Unless all of them are destroyed, they will always regrow.

Dragons is a conflicting race. Half of them allied with the Goddess and fought along side her angels. The other half went with the allied races. They are as strong as most novels depicted them as such. However, standing side by side with the allied races, they are no greater than anyone. The Gremlin’s mechanical weapons can deal with the dragon’s physical and magical prowess with little problem, so are the soul-weaver minotaurs

Basically, it was a subversion of trope. I put the humans as the antagonists to be exterminated and the corrupted goddess that they worshipped as The Devil that should be decommissioned for the future of their world.

Last edited:

melchi

What is a custom title?
“This demon is called Aralthen. He is under the power of Pontiff, of the Enlightenment, and he appeareth in divers shapes, sometimes like a Caterpillar, sometimes like a man with many Countenances, men and women alike. A Knight Mighty, he can granteth wishes, he can make himself invisible and he knoweth thoughts of all men and women. He granteth true answers for any question that pleaseth him. He knows the art of Alchemy…”
An interesting idea for a demon, caterpillar-invis-alchemist djinn.

Rhaps

Jedi Fae
Sexy fish women in your location! But that is far less interesting than them singing and mesmerising the sailors - also nobody can be horny enough to literally jump off a boat for some of those fish cheeks
Say that to Columbus who fucked a manatee while sailing to America.

D

Deleted member 113259

Say that to Columbus who fucked a manatee while sailing to America.
The funny thing about the mermaid manatee thing is that Colombus is the only known sailor that mistook mermaids for manatees that we can reliably say did not have sex with them.