System/Romance Novel

SupremeLoki

I'll keep it short. As described in the title, I am looking for a novel with a system/romance tag.

What should it have?
- Romance and System
- No unnecessary underestimated MC
- Finished if possible
- Male MC

What should it not have?
- NTR/Yaoi/gender bender

Edit: Yuri is fine:)

Feel free to recommend your own stories:
The website does not have to be sh.

Last edited:
Shame you want a male MC as my series called "Her Beasts" that has a system, a reverse harem romance plot, the MC is smart and capable with a background that justifies her knowledge base, it's finished on Patreon, and everyone is a consenting party. One of the male leads is bi, but the main romance plot is boyxgirl. I also know of a lot of romance mangas with romance and systems, but they are all female leads. Anyways, I wish you luck in your search as that's going to be a tough ask!

I feel like discussing where one stands on whether harems are cheating is the same as discussing politics or religion. Everyone has their own opinion, rarely does everyone agree on the same conclusion, and it just leads to fights. So, I'm going to agree to disagree.

Plantorsomething

Why reverse harems specifically? I haven’t read either, cuz I prefer poly stories where everyone loves eachother, so it feels less like collecting Pokémon

Zinless

How do I anatomy
Why reverse harems specifically? I haven’t read either, cuz I prefer poly stories where everyone loves eachother, so it feels less like collecting Pokémon
Harems, reversed or not, is wish-fulfillment. Not that it's a bad thing, many stories are basically wish fulfillment. The reason why authors choose harem instead of Poly could be for several reasons:

1) They want their MCs to be the center of attention, which is something common.
2) They don't want the love interests to get in with each other, this is just a matter of personal taste and/or orientation (some just don't want to write extra relationships aside from the harem)
3) Harem sells more than Poly

There might be more reasons, but those are the main three, I think.

SupremeLoki

Shame you want a male MC as my series called "Her Beasts" that has a system, a reverse harem romance plot, the MC is smart and capable with a background that justifies her knowledge base, it's finished on Patreon, and everyone is a consenting party. One of the male leads is bi, but the main romance plot is boyxgirl. I also know of a lot of romance mangas with romance and systems, but they are all female leads. Anyways, I wish you luck in your search as that's going to be a tough ask!
Female Leads arent a problem for me tbh, its more reverse harem which isnt mine.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I feel like discussing where one stands on whether harems are cheating is the same as discussing politics or religion. Everyone has their own opinion, rarely does everyone agree on the same conclusion, and it just leads to fights. So, I'm going to agree to disagree.
Okay, it’s not NTR, I never said plainly that it is.

But it feels like NTR for me when reading. Hence I was expressing my feelings and not making an objective statement.

SailusGebel

Don't worry about it. Anon likes NTR.

LesserCodex

I'll keep it short. As described in the title, I am looking for a novel with a system/romance tag.

What should it have?
- Romance and System
- No unnecessary underestimated MC
- Finished if possible
- Male MC

What should it not have?
- NTR/Yaoi/gender bender

Edit: Yuri is fine:)

Feel free to recommend your own stories:
The website does not have to be sh.
I think you might like "shadowborn" though it has a growing harem it's not completed but ongoing steadily at 73 chapters currently at 3 chapters per week and meets your requirements. I'd recommend my own story too but it's up to you.

SupremeLoki

I think you might like "shadowborn" though it has a growing harem it's not completed but ongoing steadily at 73 chapters currently at 3 chapters per week and meets your requirements. I'd recommend my own story too but it's up to you.
Is "shadowborn" yours? Im gonna try it. While it only has 73 chapters, it already has 470k words so its okay.

LesserCodex

Is "shadowborn" yours? Im gonna try it. While it only has 73 chapters, it already has 470k words so its okay.
No shadowborn isn't mines, I started my story recently so I didn't think it was worth mentioning. But if you want to check it out it's A tamer's adventure

Female Leads arent a problem for me tbh, its more reverse harem which isnt mine.

OP seems to feel differently, but I'll leave some recs for you of mangas w/ romance and systems that have female MCs

-Cashman of a ruined game
-Lord Baby runs a romance fantasy with cash
-S-Class hunter doesn't want to be a villainous princess
-I stole the number one ranker's soul
-The civil servant hunter's s-class resignation log
-Welcome to dungeon hotel
-Housekeeper in a dungeon

For my story, I was just writing within an established niche subgenre. Beastworld stories always have a super limited female population so reverse harems form. However, I don't like a lot of the tropes the subgenre usually has so I changed things up a bit for my story. For example, there isn't a bunch of jealousy an in-fighting between the male leads with them all wishing they could have the female lead to themselves like most stories within the subgenre. Instead, one of the male leads is bisexual and keeps asking the female lead for a threesome every time she gets a new male, another male lead just wants the new mates to be strong so she'll be better protected, and everyone else just wants the MC to be happy. MC actively asks everyone their opinions about including anyone new and makes sure everyone feels equally cared about while the male leads have a cooperative relationship where they all work hard to make their lives better. So, it adopts some of the consent and such from poly relationships but is still considered reverse harem because the female lead is the main focus and not all of the men are into other men.

Last edited: