Transformation story recommendations

Cauldrons

I'm looking for a specific type of story. One where the main character slowly transforms piece by piece into another species entirely. This could just be a slow transformation into another species but I would prefer if the main character took aspects from countless other species kind of like a chimera. I specially don't want the main character to be able to shapeshift at will. I think that takes away from the tension of the specific kind of story I'm looking for.

A few examples:
a dragon capable of shapeshifting into a human at will(Not what I'm looking for)
Someone with lycanthropy(Closer but bottom of the barrel)
Bioshifter(https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/59450/bioshifter; A lot closer to home)

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺
Are you looking for horror or just... everything related?

LilRora

Mostly formless
Oooh, this is good, yep.

Frankly, I went in to recommend Bioshifter and Vigor Mortis the moment I read the title, but I see you know the two.

Two you might not know and I can tell from the top of my head are Emika Grows, which is a horror about turning into a plant so it might not be exactly what you're looking for, and A Universe of Bloody Evolution (that one on RR), which will probably be a proper monster transformation story, but it's rather slow in that regard and it only has a single volume now.

There are very few stories like that though, and I don't remember reading anything similar to Bioshifter apart from those. Would like to know more.

Last edited:

melchi

What is a custom title?
My story Magical girl I'm not so sure about this has some of that. There is quite a bit of transformation content in it.

Though it is no where as serious as thundermoo's stories.