Resolved Update Times Glitching

dandydanes

sorry, I'm not sure if any similar threads have been posted, but I updated my series and I went to the front page to see if it showed up. It did, but it was a few stories down from the top and said that I had updated it around 10 minutes before I actually published the draft. then, I rechecked the page around a minute later, and my series was not on the front page at all: it completely disappeared. I found my series on the second page and it claims I published the chapter 2 hours ago? (but it was actually 17 minutes ago at that point, which is also the time that showed when I clicked on the story itself.)

Neviance

I noticed this too. I've noticed some stories are updated before it shows up on the update field on the bottom of the page. It seems really, really laggy.

Tony

Staff member
sorry, I'm not sure if any similar threads have been posted, but I updated my series and I went to the front page to see if it showed up. It did, but it was a few stories down from the top and said that I had updated it around 10 minutes before I actually published the draft. then, I rechecked the page around a minute later, and my series was not on the front page at all: it completely disappeared. I found my series on the second page and it claims I published the chapter 2 hours ago? (but it was actually 17 minutes ago at that point, which is also the time that showed when I clicked on the story itself.)

Did you delete the chapter and reposted it?

I noticed this too. I've noticed some stories are updated before it shows up on the update field on the bottom of the page. It seems really, really laggy.

There's a 5 minutes delay before the chapter shows up in the 'Latest Updates' table. That's the normal behavior though.

Tony

Staff member
no, I did not.

Was it chapter 7? I just checked the logs to make sure and it seems like you may have deleted chapter 7 and reposted it even though it was a draft?

I think that's what caused the problem. There's an anti-cheat system in place which prevents users from deleting a chapter and reposting it to get it back to the top of the "Latest Updates" section.

It seems like that wasn't your intention but the anti-cheat system kicked out and moved your chapter down in the latest updates section. Sorry! :sweating_profusely:

As long as you don't delete chapters and repost it again then it should be fine.

dandydanes

Was it chapter 7? I just checked the logs to make sure and it seems like you may have deleted chapter 7 and reposted it even though it was a draft?

I think that's what caused the problem. There's an anti-cheat system in place which prevents users from deleting a chapter and reposting it to get it back to the top of the "Latest Updates" section.

It seems like that wasn't your intention but the anti-cheat system kicked out and moved your chapter down in the latest updates section. Sorry! :sweating_profusely:

As long as you don't delete chapters and repost it again then it should be fine.

oh!!! I completely forgot I made a draft first and then deleted it. Didn't even consider that that may have been the cause: ah, that explains it, thank you so much!