Writing Warning: A bit Macabre

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Anybody here knows how quick it is to burn a body with blue flame? I'm being chunni about a character with her fire abilities and want her to have blue fire instead of red. Problem is, it feels awkward leaving this question in reddits for science and firefighters. When I tried googling it, all I got was 'how to flambe' articles, which is not what I'm trying to find out.

FDSIO

Umu... Embrace your inner chunni... If the answer will come to you by itself you pass, if not... that means you're not a true chunni. :blob_sir:

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Umu... Embrace your inner chunni... If the answer will come to you by itself you pass, if not... that means you're not a true chunni. :blob_sir:
I'm afraid it won't pass this time. I'll be writing a horrible incident that would psychologically scar my MC. I want to write it as 'realistically' as I could. I've already researched what happens to the body when it's burned, what it smells like and even different shades of fire and how hot they are (though I think I need to research that again just to have some knowledge of it). I'm not the type to write up stuff on the fly. That just irritates me to no end.

Yorth

Swordman
blue flames are generally 2600-3000 degrees C. To cremate a body, you need 800 degrees and at that temperature, you need about 3 hours. Now, I have no idea how the relationship goes between temperature and the speed of cremation, but bottom line, it's less than 3 hours

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
blue flames are generally 2600-3000 degrees C. To cremate a body, you need 800 degrees and at that temperature, you need about 3 hours. Now, I have no idea how the relationship goes between temperature and the speed of cremation, but bottom line, it's less than 3 hours
Yeah. Same stuff I read earlier today. It's not difficult to find out about those things. I read an article about the process of how people die in a fire and I might be able to cheat my writing based on that info.

Yorth

Swordman
Yeah. Same stuff I read earlier today. It's not difficult to find out about those things. I read an article about the process of how people die in a fire and I might be able to cheat my writing based on that info.
I don't think people have experimented enough with burning human bodies to present you with a formula you can use to deduct how long it takes to burn a human body to a crisp. Or even if they did, I'm not sure that they would be kind enough to share that kind of information. Add to that the fact that it's not every day that arsons or forest fires reach the extreme degrees of blue fire, and you're left with no choice but to do some heavy-handed assumptions.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
I don't think people have experimented enough with burning human bodies to present you with a formula you can use to deduct how long it takes to burn a human body to a crisp. Or even if they did, I'm not sure that they would be kind enough to share that kind of information. Add to that the fact that it's not every day that arsons or forest fires reach the extreme degrees of blue fire, and you're left with no choice but to do some heavy-handed assumptions.
But then there's math. It might not be hard to find an answer if math is added to the equation. No pun intended.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Burning in the sense of killing? Or turning to ash? Anyway, it can take quite a while (10 - 20 minutes) and requires a lot of energy as crematories show us.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
Burning in the sense of killing? Or turning to ash?
Probably both. Been reading so much fire-related stuff in terms of its effect on organic matter that my head is spinning. I also read up on carbonization and cremation and I've decided to rest right about now.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Assuming a perfectly ordinary condition, the blue flame is around 2.5 times hotter than ordinary flame, so it might be around one hour and fifteen minutes.

I am no expert so don't count on me, just mere speculation.