What ideas do you want to see more of in novels?

What do you want to see more of in novels?

• Non-overpowered protagonist (doesn’t get super powerful anywhere)

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Less typical time periods explored (examples: 1920s, 1200s, 2000s, etc)

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Older cast of characters (looks and acts older than 30)

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Stories taking place in less popular coutnries (examples: Iran, Belarus, Nigeria, Oceania, etc)

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Verdant

Sure, nothing is (probably) original anymore and ideas can be executed well. BUT there are some ideas and concepts that are typically less used than others when authors write their protagonist(s) or write their story in general.

Select one idea/concept you would want to see more authors deal with in regards to their story and characters.

Also I know Oceania isn’t a country but… I literally cannot think of any stories that take place in that entire area other than Moana lol.

SailusGebel

Less of a country and more of a setting. Even relatively popular Steampunk or Cyberpunk(if we don't include fanfics of the game) are underutilized. What about Dieselpunk? Let's pretend you give me yet another generic isekai with Japanese MC. I will check it out if it is Dieselpunk.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Less of a country and more of a setting. Even relatively popular Steampunk or Cyberpunk(if we don't include fanfics of the game) are underutilized. What about Dieselpunk? Let's pretend you give me yet another generic isekai with Japanese MC. I will check it out if it is Dieselpunk.
I actually thought about that. I don't see steampunk used a lot. You can combine victorian, steampunk, and vampires to make a really cool setting.

SailusGebel

Voidiris

Gaze into the abyss to truly see?
Having more creative power usage, I don't only want to see a sword and/or a full elemental (fire, water, earth, wind) mage as a protagonist, there are other ways of fighting tha are overused but these are the most common and boring powers.

I want to see more creative or gimmicky fighting style, like someone who controls turrets and uses them to attack but just something more creative or just steal (and modify) a fighting system from something but I just want to see a unique way of fighting. Of course this isn't everything when it comes to novel quality but I'm still ready to read a story just because the protagonist practically uses explosive gas ,that novel is a treasure trove of unique fighting styles in general.
I actually thought about that. I don't see steampunk used a lot. You can combine victorian, steampunk, and vampires to make a really cool setting.
Novel 5 confirmed?

ikos

More female leads that aren't genderbent/in a romance story. There are precious few stories about women coming into their own, alone, and it'd be nice to see one. I'm drafting one right now, actually.