What the heck even is prose?

Story_Marc

Share your fun!

This is something I wish was broken down for me like this when I was inexperienced since it's one of those things that helped demystify the actual skills that make writing. Here's hoping this overview can help make it seem just a little easier to approach.

Last edited:

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World

This is something I wish was broken down for me like this when I was inexperienced since it's one of those things that helped demystify the actual skills that make writing. Here's hoping this overview can help make it seem just a little easier to approach.
The classic distinction is drama, lyric, and prose (prosa).

Drama, subdivided into comedy and tragedy, describes theatre pieces.

Lyric describes "poetry". Lyric is structured and constructed with metrical units (metra) and verses.

Prose (prosa) is narrative. It lacks the formal and technical structure of lyric. It is free writing.

Story_Marc

Share your fun!
Oh this helps me write more detailed action or fighting scenes, because I usually write like

"Name attacked and Name dodged it then countered with a upper punch and Name blocked it and kicks Name and knocked him away" kinda seemed a little odd considering with my grammar
I'd seriously recommend trying out my videos on prose if you want to see a bit of the overarching things I'd recommend. ...Also the ones on fight scenes.

I will be getting around to making something on the physical writing of fight scenes soon though. I have almost all the pieces set up for that video. I just need to do a couple of other things first.