Where are all the scorpion ladies?

hippoman

There is no shortage of half spider ladies, Arachne or what ever. But comparably few bottom half scorpion top half human ladies. The only one I can think of is Scorpioness Najka from dark souls 2. Is it because Spiders are much more prevelant around the world than scorpions? or because spiders can do more unique spidery things than Scorpions can do unique scorpiony things? Yall know any decent stories with half scorpion characters?

Tyranomaster

Guy who writes stuff
Visual balance feels weird with a big tail and a human body sticking up.

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
There is no shortage of half spider ladies, Arachne or what ever. But comparably few bottom half scorpion top half human ladies. The only one I can think of is Scorpioness Najka from dark souls 2. Is it because Spiders are much more prevelant around the world than scorpions? or because spiders can do more unique spidery things than Scorpions can do unique scorpiony things? Yall know any decent stories with half scorpion characters?
The only story I can think of with a scorpion-themed character was poorly written, and never made it past five chapters.

Anyway, this is what I could find on SH:

In general, I think scorpions are just less well know compared to spiders, and not something that most people would think up unless they are brought up. Combine that with fairly low flexibility in terms of design and use...

Last edited:

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺🌈
Technically, Arachne should refer to both spider people and scorpion people, since they're both Arachnids. Araneae (or something using the same root) would be a better name for spider girls specifically... Shame that's never gonna catch on.

There's two things that make Spider girls popular. Three if you count the story of Arachne being taught to kids during Greek mythology classes.
First is Monster Musume's Rachnera. Though there's supposedly the Serket and Girtablilu, there's no major Scorpion character in MM.
Second is DnD's driders/Lolth. DnD has scorpion people, but they aren't nearly as interesting as Lolth, who acts as a major recurring villain.

So... If you want to see more Scorpion women, you'll just have to make a work as influential as Monster Musume, DnD, or Kumo Desu. No big deal.

Personally, my biggest problem with scorpion type arachne is that the human torso is right in the way of their stinger if they want to hit something. It's not a huge deal, since you can do fun surprise attacks where the enemy doesn't see the stinger past what they're attacking.

There's also Manticores though. Somehow, they're quite popular as monster girls. In most cases where you could have a scorpion girl, they'll usually be replaced with the fire breathing, winged version instead. It's just more (dragon-like) epic.

I don't know why I felt the need to write an essay. My apologies.

Thraben

It comes down to scorpions being seen as 'dangerous desert bugs' while spiders are seen as 'helpful household fly-catcher'.

It's hard to change that perception.

Pixytokisaki14

Suffering in Final period
There's two things that make Spider girls popular. Three if you count the story of Arachne being taught to kids during Greek mythology classes.
First is Monster Musume's Rachnera. Though there's supposedly the Serket and Girtablilu, there's no major Scorpion character in MM.
Second is DnD's driders/Lolth. DnD has scorpion people, but they aren't nearly as interesting as Lolth, who acts as a major recurring villain.
How about the third reason?
People are horny, submissive types want to get some spider girl to tied them up in silk and suspend them in the air.
Better question yet is why can't we have bottom half human, and top half scorpion.
Thanks for giving me that image inside my mind. Now if you excuse me, I would like to drown my brain in factory grade bleach. :blob_blank:

TsuruI_am_a_bot

Yandere Robot / Wife of Botty
(Tsuru robot passingby and giving analysis on humans, again)

1) Insectoid, chitinous shell/carapace = not good to hug
2) Poison
3) The big tail is intimidating
4) Spider have a mainstream positive image of "eating bugs" unlike scorpion killing
5) The holes arent well known
6) No popular representative charactive, unlike Monster Musume having once big booby arachnid female chara

7) Female spider ladies, are "yanderes" hence popular
7.1) They eat their male compatriots (same like the mantis) = yandere-like
7.2) They are predators eating small bugs = yandere-like
7.3) They are hunters using webs = insidious = yandere-like + spiderman reminding

8) Some people find spiders "cute" > very rarer for "scorpion"
8.1) Its possible to get spider pets, scorpions possibly too (unsure)
8.2) Spider webs can be useful and very op material

9) Fluff spider > hardness of scorpions
10) Spider = very horny = lot of babies
11) Possibility of plot writing with a spider lady, unlike "scorpion lady" (they got big tail, poison, live in desert habitat, end)

Haku45

Where butterfly woman's? Where mushroom waifus. Where tree girls.(actually tree not driades)

hippoman

Visual balance feels weird with a big tail and a human body sticking up.
But then they can hug their own tail! That has so much potential for adorableness.

Attachments

• scorpion lady censored Untitled.png
    scorpion lady censored Untitled.png
    482.4 KB · Views: 7
  • censored scorpion girl monster.jpg
    censored scorpion girl monster.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 6