why do people 'like' Notes+Content Warning chapter posts

Ahrihn

when I began writing, the chapter with the most likes was the Notes+Content Warning post/chapter.
...Why????
Does this happen with anyone else?
I'm very curious~~ :blob_popcorn::blob_popcorn:

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
Firstly, it is your very first chapter. Ergo, at the very bottom and it'll be the first thing anyone sees when wanting to take a deeper look at the story.

Secondly, people are absolutely going to look at that first as if it's an extended synopsis. If they like what they see, then they'll heart it.

Thirdly, since it's the first thing people will see, it means it'll have the most views out of any page in your story (most of the time). Therefore, the likelihood of having more likes goes up. (unless that particular chapter is generally disliked).

Fourthly, from observations on here and on other sites, earlier chapters tend to have the highest number of likes compared to later chapters.

Fifthly, chapters of this nature stand out. It's 100% the first thing I'll be looking at before investing time into a story if one is provided.

Shianelle

I tend to give them a like because I'm grateful to the author for including that information right at the front of the novel. That way if I decide to come back to the story after a break/a long time later and can't remember if I'm in the right mental place to read the novel I can do a quick refresh on that 'chapter' to make sure it's okay for me to dive back in.