"Wings" not showing up in search or recently updated or tag search

TrismegistusShandy

My problem is basically similar to the problem ejwilliamsbooks had in this thread: https://forum.scribblehub.com/threads/novel-not-popping-up-in-search-or-latest-updates.10937/

However, there was no user-usable solution posted there, it seemed to be something that the mods had to fix behind the scene, so I'm posting another message.

I'm having similar problems with "Wings", which I first posted four weeks ago and queued up several chapters to appear once a week. I just recently realized that it isn't showing up in recent updates, either generally or for particular tags, and it doesn't show up when one searches for the series title "Wings". It's accessible from my author page and apparently only there (or links to the story page that I post on Discord). I haven't gotten any messages about the cover or chapter content being flagged and no chapters appear to be deleted.

TrismegistusShandy

Also, to address some possible causes people mentioned in similar threads, I have not deleted and reposted any chapters, nor have I deleted and reposted the whole story. The first chapter was entered about June 21 or 22 and scheduled to appear on June 23, so the mods should have had plenty of time to approve it by now, or message me if there were issues with approving it.

TrismegistusShandy

Okay, after not getting any reply here, I asked on the Discord and someone suggested deleting the cover and creating a new one. I did that and the problem seems to be fixed.

I think the current system of notifying the user if their cover was approved, but silently hiding the story if it's not approved, makes little sense. When a program fails, it should be verbose about the failure, not fall silent and let the user assume everything is fine.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Okay, after not getting any reply here, I asked on the Discord and someone suggested deleting the cover and creating a new one. I did that and the problem seems to be fixed.
For the record, the only person that actively handles things on Scribblehub's main site is Tony (the forum has a few mods, but they can't help out with main site issues), so like... Only he could help you out with this, and he hasn't been online since Saturday, hence why you got no replies.

Like, you weren't ignored or anything. The admin is just pretty busy these days.
I think the current system of notifying the user if their cover was approved, but silently hiding the story if it's not approved, makes little sense. When a program fails, it should be verbose about the failure, not fall silent and let the user assume everything is fine.
I agree with that. Doesn't seem like a very good system to me.