Writing Xianxia Battle Scenes

ZukoMee

As the title says, can anyone toss me a few Xianxia-style battle scenes? Preferably the ones that aren't heavy on grandiose world-salad. I'm sure people who read Xianxia's know what I mean. I guess a quick example would be:

"He channeled his inner Nirvana Ki and unleashed Unholy Sphere of the Black Goat, which measured near the 7th Grade!!, terrifying the dao as it quaked and caused the inner worlds to tremble," or something like that.

I want it to be more descriptive than "Jill smacked the shit out of Letty", but not so flowery that I have to get practically philosophical to comprehend what I'm reading.

Any examples are welcome. If you're going to mention your story, tell me the chapter so I don't need to flip through looking for a single battle. Post the actual chapter link if you don't mind.

Corty

NO, U.
My opinion is not to copy but to write your own. I wrote a xianxia-like story but I never aimed to copy it, because that would not fit. You need to find your own style otherwise it won’t work in the long run.

"Well… That looks like trouble!" Ren's voice came again and looking towards the Sect of Dawn's headquarters, they saw a flame giant emerging, taking shape from the 'rain' around them, roaring towards the sky before rushing forward.

"It… is." Lycosa nodded, "I feel the trio inside…."

"Their cooperation is lacking; the whole thing feels rushed…" Abrosa clicked his tongue, "Amateurs."

"We need to separate them first, so… we just need to extinguish the fire!" Ren smiled, already flying forward.

"I like her!" Abrosa laughed, following suit.

"Stay back and watch our backs!" Lycosa nodded at Gent before catching up with them.

By then, the fire giant was also moving towards them and the first to meet it was Ren. Her body spewed lightning like a sparkler, and every strand quickly formed into another of herself. Soon hundreds of them were assaulting the giant, flying around it like flies. Even when it waved its hand and swatted a multitude of her clones, they just exploded violently, blasting off flaming chunks from its body. Next came a loud shout as Abrosa arrived, his whole body surrounded in crystalline armor, reflecting the light of the flames as he flew through the giant's chest, blasting a massive hole in the middle of it.

Anemic_Vampire

🌻Currently Hibernating🌹
As the title says, can anyone toss me a few Xianxia-style battle scenes? Preferably the ones that aren't heavy on grandiose world-salad.
This is not a story, but a reviewer called Zackarotto wrote an interesting parody-like “battle” scene:

Meng Hao walked into the McDonald's. The cultivator taking his order gave a derisive snort, but Meng Hao did not really care, because he had repressed his aura down to the Single Patty Realm, and a fool would not be able to tell his true level of burger eating.

"Give me... a Happy Meal!"

The cultivator's face flickered before he finally regained his composure and laughed. "You couldn't afford a Happy Meal. Get lost! Don't you see that there are Double Quarter Pounder Realm eaters waiting behind you?"

Meng Hao slapped his bag of holding and threw 80 billion spirit McDonald's coupons onto the counter, causing an earthquake which demolished half of the restaurant. Everyone dropped their jaws. None could see how this was possible!

"I'll take that Happy Meal with a side order of fries," Meng Hao said. He was as calm as the ocean in a painting of an insanely calm ocean. "And let me see your manager!"

This is obviously not mine. Here is the credit, and the link to the full “review”:
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-shall-seal-the-heavens/

ZukoMee

My question is, can you have the fighting and powers but without creating a power level system like tiers, levels, etc.?

I kind of wanted something like Naruto. No power levels, no tiers, no ranks. None of that. The only ranking system they had was a military ranking system, and it didn't always qualify people based on their strength levels. I mean Naruto and Sasuke were both still Genin technically even at the end of Shippuden and they were both stronger than any of the other Kage combined.

Is it important to have a leveling/ranking system? Two guys will fight and you'll know who was stronger by who killed who, not by any power/tier/rank mentioned prior to the battle.

Plantorsomething

As the title says, can anyone toss me a few Xianxia-style battle scenes? Preferably the ones that aren't heavy on grandiose world-salad. I'm sure people who read Xianxia's know what I mean. I guess a quick example would be:

"He channeled his inner Nirvana Ki and unleashed Unholy Sphere of the Black Goat, which measured near the 7th Grade!!, terrifying the dao as it quaked and caused the inner worlds to tremble," or something like that.

I want it to be more descriptive than "Jill smacked the shit out of Letty", but not so flowery that I have to get practically philosophical to comprehend what I'm reading.

Any examples are welcome. If you're going to mention your story, tell me the chapter so I don't need to flip through looking for a single battle. Post the actual chapter link if you don't mind.
Sss class suicide hunter the spar between ghost-bro and martial arts mommy