Writing Prompt write a conditional super power

bananapink

The Sickly Banana
summoning your strongest avatar, but you have to do an embarrassing dance like a magical girl?

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
So listening to Foreign songs, your power would be a wreck?
Du Hast will be a wild trip.

The ability to find the enemy's weakspots immediately, though you will become sensory deprived with the loss of senses like sight and sound.

Draconite

Exist in the void
Dance to accumulate power the longer and cooler it is the more power you generate

Localforeigner

You can fly, but only while inside a moving plane.

(Not my own idea, but my favorite useless superpower...right along with:)

13th Bullet Immunity-
You are immune to bullets, but only after being shot 12 times.

D

Deleted member 49654

Does it count if you're wearing a bullet proof armor and you get shot 12 times? That way, the 13th bullet immunity does become useful.
I am not sure that you can endure 12 bullets even with bulletproof armor.
Even if the armor can handle it, the only thing it prevents is the penetration, not the impact itself.

Power: You can animate things you have crafted yourself out of raw materials.

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
wow. can't begin to imagine how that would work
Actually, This reminded me of a power used in an actual book:

The character could warp, but there was a minimum velocity to trigger the warp, which resulted in them jumping off cliffs on a regular basis.

Strangely, the warp also canceled their velocity, so no major landing problems.

______________________________________________________________________________________

I am not sure that you can endure 12 bullets even with bulletproof armor.
Even if the armor can handle it, the only thing it prevents is the penetration, not the impact itself.
The big questions:
Does it count previous incidents (that is, can it be charged over time)?
Is it permanent after that point?

Last edited:

PhillisCreziles

﹤Once a Potato﹥
Similarly to re: zero's death by return. How about every time the character dies, he gets revived while also having his body altered to become more resistant to what killed him in the first place? (Activation Condition: Dying) (This is somewhat to doomsday)

Oh another ability, every time the character tries to take a step forward he will go forward in time, and if he takes a step backward he will go backwards in time. (Activation Condition: Taking Steps Forward/Backward) I want to see how a character in a novel would have to deal with this while having this as their power. (Would they have to crawl on the floor as their means of transport lol?)

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
Oh another ability, every time the character tries to take a step forward he will go forward in time, and if he takes a step backward he will go backwards in time. (Activation Condition: Taking Steps Forward/Backward) I want to see how a character in a novel would have to deal with this while having this as their power. (Would they have to crawl on the floor as their means of transport lol?)
Wheelchair.

D

Deleted member 22014

The character could warp, but there was a minimum velocity to trigger the warp, which resulted in them jumping off cliffs on a regular basis.
That's just basically like toki wa kakeru shojo ...,

Ah, speaking of conditional super power ..., how about money-based super power? Like you can teleport, but you must pay a certain sum of money for the distance covered. Or you can create an object but must pay for the material cost.

Joyeuse

Hmm a simple one, mind control but you must know a minimum of one weakness of the target, the number of weaknessea known and how critical the weaknesses are affect how much control you have over the subject, a small weakness would only work on the level of a suggestion, but a weakness that is important allows you to order, while multiple important or a very important weakness gives you absolute control over the subject

Note:Can't be used to directly ask somebody for their weaknesses

Name of the power: Blackmail

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
Similarly to re: zero's death by return. How about every time the character dies, he gets revived while also having his body altered to become more resistant to what killed him in the first place? (Activation Condition: Dying) (This is somewhat to doomsday)

technically only stepping backwards would work, since stepping forward can maybe just be going forward to when you are done stepping.

COLOC_Kid

morphing-state
Dance to accumulate power the longer and cooler it is the more power you generate
that wold be amazing but how would you define dancing. is it like a mental thing like as long he believes he's dancing he will generate power