Writing Prompt What if an Otome Game Heroine and Villainess Swaps Bodies?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26725
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 26725

There’s always the Noble Villainess and Commoner Heroine cliche in Otome Game-themed novels, so I’ve been wondering it for a while...
What if somehow, the Villainess and the Heroine switches roles since childhood?
I already thought of something like those loop stories, but the Villainess wakes up in the Heroine's body and the Heroine wakes up in the Villainess’ body! XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Agentt

Thighs
There’s always the Villainess and Heroine cliche in Otome Game-themed novels, so I’ve been wondering it for a while...
I already thought of something like those loop stories, but the Villainess wakes up in the Heroine's body and the Heroine wakes up in the Villainess’ body! XD
There are many which are like this, not exact, but like. They don't exactly swap bodies, but 2 normal girls get reincarnated as them. Since the villian does not wants to die, she acts all sweet and since the heroine is sure of her victory, she turns arrogant.
But, what if, we add that the story always compels the heroine to win and villian to lose, so that no matter how much bad the heroine which is actually the villains does, everyone misunderstand and praise her.

D

Deleted member 26725

There are many which are like this, not exact, but like. They don't exactly swap bodies, but 2 normal girls get reincarnated as them. Since the villian does not wants to die, she acts all sweet and since the heroine is sure of her victory, she turns arrogant.
But, what if, we add that the story always compels the heroine to win and villian to lose, so that no matter how much bad the heroine which is actually the villains does, everyone misunderstand and praise her.
I get what you’re saying, but what if what I suggested happens instead?

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
I get what you’re saying, but what if what I suggested happens instead?
Ah, I don't wanna think about that. It would be reincarnation inside of a reincarnation. Reincarnation loop.

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
Ah, I don't wanna think about that. It would be reincarnation inside of a reincarnation. Reincarnation loop.
We could make it worse...
one person ends up with multiple bodies, becoming both the heroine and villianess simultaneously.

Or there are two people, but they swap bodies every day...

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
We could make it worse...
one person ends up with multiple bodies, becoming both the heroine and villianess simultaneously.

Or there are two people, but they swap bodies every day...
o.O

Agentt

Thighs
No! Dude, no fucking way! XD
Another one added to the list. I think I can make this one work. As for your suggestion,
It can add a bit comedic effect too. The villian, who is now a commoner struggles with commoner problems while the heroine, who is now a noble, wins the hearts of all the maids to create a harem.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
There’s always the Noble Villainess and Commoner Heroine cliche in Otome Game-themed novels, so I’ve been wondering it for a while...
...what would be the difference, then? These are just roles. It would change things if this was of the otome game genre and one of them knew it was a game world, as the history of the game would be different due to their personalities affecting their choices, but thats all. It wouldnt really matter in the end otherwise. I mean think about it.

This change only matters if we and either the villainess or the heroine know beforehand the events the world will undergo. Whats SUPPOSED to happen. But if we, they, don't? Then it doesnt much matter who they are or what roles they have.

The only plot point you could have fun with is the heroine and villainess wanting to go back and meet their original families. Convincing the fsmilies they swapped bodies. And then seeing what happens after that. Like what if one of them has a brother, and that brother KNOWS the person in the sister's body isnt really his sister and falls in love with her but realizes that they cant be together because their babies might turn out deformed or diseased...also, the rest of the world wouldnt know about the body swap and so they would think the siblings are engaging in incest!

...actually that sounds pretty fun. I like it but i dont have the time for it. If anyone takes up this idea, let me know

MrTiemos

DinoSir, thank you very much!
...what would be the difference, then? These are just roles. It would change things if this was of the otome game genre and one of them knew it was a game world, as the history of the game would be different due to their personalities affecting their choices, but thats all. It wouldnt really matter in the end otherwise. I mean think about it.

This change only matters if we and either the villainess or the heroine know beforehand the events the world will undergo. Whats SUPPOSED to happen. But if we, they, don't? Then it doesnt much matter who they are or what roles they have.

The only plot point you could have fun with is the heroine and villainess wanting to go back and meet their original families. Convincing the fsmilies they swapped bodies. And then seeing what happens after that. Like what if one of them has a brother, and that brother KNOWS the person in the sister's body isnt really his sister and falls in love with her but realizes that they cant be together because their babies might turn out deformed or diseased...also, the rest of the world wouldnt know about the body swap and so they would think the siblings are engaging in incest!

...actually that sounds pretty fun. I like it but i dont have the time for it. If anyone takes up this idea, let me know
What if the little brother loved his older sister romantically prior to the swap, but held back because of societal standards?
He finds out his sister isn’t actually his sister anymore, so he searches for who his sister is now and commits to wooing her henceforth.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
What if the little brother loved his older sister romantically prior to the swap, but held back because of societal standards?
He finds out his sister isn’t actually his sister anymore, so he searches for who his sister is now and commits to wooing her henceforth.
Yeah but thats just vanilla romance with extra steps. Well that could be a good route too tho. Not as complicated either.

MrTiemos

DinoSir, thank you very much!
Yeah but thats just vanilla romance with extra steps. Well that could be a good route too tho. Not as complicated either.
True, but there’d be the villainess’ internal conflicts. Better yet, add the heroine in the villainess’ body trying to ‘capture’ the brother.

D

Deleted member 26725

Lol!
Besides, you’re already making a story based on another Writing Prompt of mine! XD
The Little Sister one!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 26725

Another one added to the list. I think I can make this one work. As for your suggestion,
It can add a bit comedic effect too. The villian, who is now a commoner struggles with commoner problems while the heroine, who is now a noble, wins the hearts of all the maids to create a harem.
I think she rather wouldn’t realize she’s making a harem, but she also wouldn’t be that dense and oblivious.
What about the engagement with the prince and everything?

Agentt

Thighs
I think she rather wouldn’t realize she’s making a harem, but she also wouldn’t be that dense and oblivious.
What about the engagement with the prince and everything?
As a Male, I rather keep all boys as side characters.

D

Deleted member 26725

You’re already writing a request of mine, the Hero's Little Sister one, so I won’t request you to make it! XD

Agentt

Thighs
One of you two are interested into writing it?
Yes, I'll write it someday. Should be a good practice for fluffy writing. Hope you are okay with one shot, though. I myself have like 3 books pending.

D

Deleted member 26725

Yes, I'll write it someday. Should be a good practice for fluffy writing. Hope you are okay with one shot, though. I myself have like 3 books pending.
Maybe if it gets interesting enough, you could turn it into a novel!