How many buffer chapters do you keep?

Kotohood

Noob Author
Question as per tittle, how many buffer chapters do you all have in case for rainy days or do you just write, edit and publish on the spot?

bananapink

The Sickly Banana
I have my scribbles stored in Google Drive but I tend to make edits and revisions before publishing which causes delay huhuhu...

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
I'm aiming to finish an arc before posting to be honest. It's a personal thing.

Macronomicon

Buffer chapters are a necessity for me. Rather than a specific amount, I try posting a set amount of chapters each week (3), then writing as many as I can over the course of the week. This averages me a net gain of 1.5-2 chapters in my buffer per week. a buffer is a very important thing if you plan on going professional, because mass releases and early access are powerful tools that require a buffer.

Plus it allows me to quietly fix some errors before the world at large sees them.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
Question as per tittle, how many buffer chapters do you all have in case for rainy days or do you just write, edit and publish on the spot?

I try to write an entire volume or at least 3/4th a volume before releasing. Last time I did a smaller buffer of a a dozen chapters or so and ended up in hiatus for 2 years because of it >.>

TLCsDestiny

I never used to do buffer chapters but I do now. I don't do my stories on holidays and rarely on weekends. We are also looking at moving soon so I want to have chapters for then too. I'm in front by at least a month but I can see that dwindle down before Christmas...
I am keeping to a schedule now tho and for me, I think it's a little less stressful.

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
nil... I'm already in the middle of writing/posting, so stocking up chapters would mean stopping posts for quite a while... And with how rarely I post them already, people would not be happy.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
5-7 chapters buffers because life is unexpected. However, if I have time, and did not want to play internet, I would do more chapters just in case.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
I don't have a schedule since I usually ran out of ideas to write with. I basically write to them on the spot and would either try to stock up chapters or just release them. In the past, I was really enthusiastic to write chapters that I mostly stack them up and then release them everyday but after RL stuck me harder than truck-kun can reincarnate me, I became slow but more polished on my works.

Llamadragon

I recently adopted the finish-the-arch approach. Because otherwise, I inevitably begin a story that gets put on hiatus once I start writing myself into dead ends and plotholes and I regret it all.

Ethereal

I have 12 currently just finsihed and scheduled them last night, but I would reccomend having twice that at 24, then using the sheduler to have them automatically release. You want a minimum of at least 12 that way if your releasing 3 times a week you get a month of time to write more so your not always writing at the last minute.

S-Scherr

I currently like to have a 6-8 episode buffer. Since I post twice a week, that gives me three to four weeks of wiggle room for when life gets busy. Generally, I try to stay a month ahead of my serial.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
None. Whatever Ai-chan finished writing, Ai-chan upload right away. Probably that's the reason not many people read Ai-chan's stories.