Maintain Civility

Kuro_0ni

I finally got one ^_^
When bringing up Scribblers literary works, do not bash authors.

Comment/ give proper feedback on their writing styles, their plots, characters, pieces of tropes they try to highlight or any form which appears lacking, etc.

We want to build up authors, so they can continue their dreams and improve on their stories. You may think that a certain's authors work may be trash, but to another reader it is pure gold. {there is a time and place to call out, repeat offenders}

Other than that, let's improve on each others faults. Suggest possibilities, you don't need to direct a story, just point out what may be lacking.

E.g.
- Either too much detail in one area and too little detail in another.
- Character feels flat and does not maintain substance for a reader.
- Plot feels forced or too fast of pace, (unnatural to story flow)

If you find a problem with an authors work, you should be ready to offer a possible route to assist. An as an author you should have tough skin to recieve feedback you may not be comfortable with.

Constructive criticism will help you grow and become better at tailoring your story to best deliver it to your audience.

Lets be respectful and keep it civil. Cheers!

Last edited:

mrsimple

Writer
Sounds cool. Maybe we should list the "Do Nots" for newbies? Like avoiding the wall of text. XD

mm38910

Sounds cool. Maybe we should list the "Do Nots" for newbies? Like avoiding the wall of text. XD
The wall of text is the best way to engage in a conversation. It always has been the most efficient way of communication since the ancient times, quite literally. It allows you to spit out your creative thoughts and dump them over other people. Your beautiful article may look like a piece of shit to some but don't lose your hope. I'm gettimg tired of this so I'm gonna now copy paste from wikipedia. Some walls of text are intentionally disruptive, such as when an editor attempts to overwhelm a discussion with a mass of irrelevant kilobytes. Other walls are due to lack of awareness of good practices, such as when an editor tries to cram every one of their cogent points into a single comprehensive response that is roughly the length of a short novel. Not all long posts are walls of text; some can be nuanced and thoughtful. The massive wall of text(MWOT) often appears in disputes and bombards you with so much information and underhanded hostility that it's almost impossible to keep up without replying with one of your own. MWOTs are a good indication that people are talking past each other.

mrsimple

Writer
Wall of text... the ones I encountered are worded in the thousands. Those are difficult to get around, let alone scale down their long length. XD

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
The wall of text is the best way to engage in a conversation. It always has been the most efficient way of communication since the ancient times, quite literally. It allows you to spit out your creative thoughts and dump them over other people. Your beautiful article may look like a piece of shit to some but don't lose your hope. I'm gettimg tired of this so I'm gonna now copy paste from wikipedia. Some walls of text are intentionally disruptive, such as when an editor attempts to overwhelm a discussion with a mass of irrelevant kilobytes. Other walls are due to lack of awareness of good practices, such as when an editor tries to cram every one of their cogent points into a single comprehensive response that is roughly the length of a short novel. Not all long posts are walls of text; some can be nuanced and thoughtful. The massive wall of text(MWOT) often appears in disputes and bombards you with so much information and underhanded hostility that it's almost impossible to keep up without replying with one of your own. MWOTs are a good indication that people are talking past each other.
Is it bad that I kind of gave up reading halfway...
>w<

jk, I actually ploughed through it all...
orz

X

Ophious

〖Failed to be active〗〖Digging out of my grave〗
Reviewing a fiction should be properly done, please do not just say some short random stuff like "good job" or "get out of here" or something like that and then rate them poorly or at five stars just because you can~
A Review is your evaluation of the story, you need to at least find some problem or something good about it and tell the author about it. If you want to say something short and small like good job then go to each chapter's comments to post it instead of reviewing the story as a whole~

Ophious

I'm thankful the first review I got gave critical feedback.
I was so scared I'd get someone saying hurtful things.
>w<

X
I'd be fine with getting hurtful things, what I'd be annoyed by would be someone just saying something like it was stupid without explaining why
like I'm fine, crush my ego, just make sure to tell me why so that I can learn from this failure
don't just say that was stupid and leave!

Nahrenne

I'd be fine with getting hurtful things, what I'd be annoyed by would be someone just saying something like it was stupid without explaining why
like I'm fine, crush my ego, just make sure to tell me why so that I can learn from this failure
don't just say that as stupid and leave!
Well, I meant that kind of hurtful thing.
If the hurtful thing is within constructive criticism, then I'm fine with it, but not if it's just saying hurtful stuff.
X

Ophious

Well, I meant that kind of hurtful thing.
If the hurtful thing is within constructive criticism, then I'm fine with it, but not if it's just saying hurtful stuff.
X
This might not be the place to ask this but why do you always put a X at the end of everything you type?

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
don't just say that was stupid and leave!
Hm, I think that over time I’m just starting to develop a thicker skin. ^^;

I think it’s important to focus on the feedback that give you substantive comments! There will always be one-liners and random negativity, but if it doesn’t help you grow, focus on the people who actually care and want to help!

Ophious

A sign of friendly affection.
It means kiss.
OXOXO means hugs and kisses.
But, I tend to just use X.
X
OHHHHHHHH that explains alot
I just thought you were using it for spacing or something like that
Thanks for the clarification

Ophious

Ophi-kun, you’ve known renne for how long and now you ask? XDDD
I don't know
renne just kinda popped into my life one day and I never bothered to ask since

Ophious

Hm, I think that over time I’m just starting to develop a thicker skin. ^^;

I think it’s important to focus on the feedback that give you substantive comments! There will always be one-liners and random negativity, but if it doesn’t help you grow, focus on the people who actually care and want to help!
I'm sorry I'm still too thin skinned
My friends are helping me crush my shame but it's not working

Nahrenne

OHHHHHHHH that explains alot
I just thought you were using it for spacing or something like that
Thanks for the clarification
Ahahahahaha!
That's a first!
Well, I'm glad you're no longer confused about it.
*huggles*
\(^o^)/

X