To : scribble web owner

Status
Not open for further replies.

CR-V

Hi sir or whoever own this scribblehub,
Can you please, please let scribble have a currency of its own? And let everyone own the currency either by buying with real money or earn it by doing something exceptional.
Please make this currency as valuable as real money.
Lets call this credit.
Everyone can use this credit to give author appreciation for their works, well, it should be its main use. Let's think about other usage, if think this idea makes sense. And let this credit can be withdrawn to real currency also.
P.S
I recommend block chain

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ

EDIT: Would be nice if you looked around the forums first since there's a SUGGESTIONS & BUG REPORTS section in here.

CR-V

Sorry i was in a hurry to post. So it was garbled.
In short, Let this site be an english 17k.com or qidian , with blockchain? Maybe..
EDITTT :
Bite me. Yes, i did bolded that... Gahahaha!

Last edited:

CR-V

NO. JUST NO.
I mean, not totally creating a cash machine and cash cows. Just taking the good parts. Fk the bad ones...
Edittt :
The obvious good parts :
-Authors and wanna-be-authors will come here
-Authors get motivated when they are rewarded
-Scribble printing out authors and GOOD authors
-Scribble can be a culture in english lit
-screw paypal, patreon and others
-authors NO need to create so many accounts on other payment service site only to forget its password and get blocked when they want to withdraw fund. (Yes, im talking about my experience.)
- scribble + blockchain = GODLY, i recommend OST (Open Simple Token), they provide Blockchain as a Service - "OMFG, so 2020!!"

- Authors would save themselves from posting chapters in so many different literature sites

Last edited:

sak-chii

Professional Procrastinator (Writer)
No. Just no! If you apply the credit system, the readers will have to pay in order to read. Itll be like qidian. And I stopped reading qidian cuz of the credit system. If writers want money, they can have patreon where only subscribers will be able to read advanced chapters

sak-chii

Professional Procrastinator (Writer)
Tips function are there for the readers to pay. So no! I want my readers to read for free!

CR-V

No. Just no! If you apply the credit system, the readers will have to pay in order to read. Itll be like qidian. And I stopped reading qidian cuz of the credit system. If writers want money, they can have patreon where only subscribers will be able to read advanced chapters

How are they paying to read? If scribble didn't create the system in the first place.
Scribble is one year old, you don't think its gonna be a whole vip and subscriber system right?
Lets take it step by step, introduce the currency, is the main thing. All others are the same and still as voluntary as it is.
For now lets get rid of that depedency on payment service site, and make scribble an independent literature site with its own community.
With this implemented, everyone here will have a sense of identity, and scribble can have its own life.

HURGMCGURG

That Guy
We have a sense of identity. We have our own life. Scribblehub already is its own literature site.

We don't need a credit system and those involved in the site do not want one.

There are methods for authors to make money. I donate to a few on Patreon. This is fine as it is.

CR-V

those involved in the site do not want one.
Please mate, you can talk for yourselves or those whose agreed with your opinion. Please don't use such strong words, because you would sound like a total tyrant?
Anyway, thank you for your contribution to the author by supporting him.
And.. once again.. it's not about making money... Its about independency of scribble.

Last edited:

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
I actually really like Patreon but I can also see how a site having an in-built function to pay authors can be a good thing. Let's just not compare this to webnovel (because the hate is real). Let's compare this to Tapas instead: Readers can earn ink (their currency) by doing missions (like watching video ads, answering surveys, playing demos, ...) and then gift it to authors. They can also buy but they don't need to (there are a few premium series but not that many and many unlock by themselves or, well, people can easily earn enough ink to unlock). Even free readers can support authors that way. So I'd say it's a good thing for both sites.

But: Tapas is a business. Scribble Hub isn't, as far as I'm aware, it's just a person running a site for something they like. And as easy as it sounds to implement a pay system, this type of thing normally comes with problems. Like, I don't know where that person lives but if money flows, there'll be tax stuff to consider, licenses, laws ... a lot of stuff that might be nothing but a headache for them.
That isn't really something I'd like to do to somebody who has been very supportive of any kind of issue the authors and/or readers approached them about. If they also got something out of this, well, great, I'd be in. But if not, I'd say it's not worth it.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
For now lets get rid of that depedency on payment service site, and make scribble an independent literature site with its own community.
It IS an independent literature site with its own community. What are you on about?

those involved in the site do not want one.
Please mate, you can talk for yourselves or those whose agreed with your opinion. Please don't use such strong words, because you would sound like a total tyrant. dictator?
Umm.....HURGMCGURG has been here a while to know the fact that people here don't want it. The reason why a lot of authors have come here is that it's very relaxed and has no complications such as what you suggest. As for payments, authors have links to patreon or ko-fi for that.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Hi sir or whoever own this scribblehub,
Can you please, please let scribble have a currency of its own? And let everyone own the currency either by buying with real money or earn it by doing something exceptional.
Please make this currency as valuable as real money.
Lets call this credit.
Everyone can use this credit to give author appreciation for their works, well, it should be its main use. Let's think about other usage, if think this idea makes sense. And let this credit can be withdrawn to real currency also.
P.S
I recommend block chain
First things first, welcome to Scribbly~

Secondly, the owner/admin/programmer (yes, he is all 3) of Scribbly is @Tony.

That aside, while I understand where you're coming from, I think it's honestly not worth the effort. Like... Having a built-in payment system that doesn't involve 3rd parties does have its upsides... For the users.

For Tony it would probably be a pretty big headache, directly dealing with people's money probably has a lot of legal complications he'd first need to take care of... It's usually easier (and safer) to rely on 3rd parties that handle all the legal side of those things.

Also, I don't even know if it would be that worth it... Paypal, Ko-Fi and Patreon are all well-known programs that people have used for a long time now to support their authors, I don't think the difference of having a built-in payment system would be that significant... If anything, I think it would be good only if Tony actually wanted to take a share of the support the authors get, but I don't believe he wants that, I think he is fine with just earning from ad revenue.

So... I don't think your suggestion will happen~
I actually really like Patreon but I can also see how a site having an in-built function to pay authors can be a good thing. Let's just not compare this to webnovel (because the hate is real). Let's compare this to Tapas instead: Readers can earn ink (their currency) by doing missions (like watching video ads, answering surveys, playing demos, ...) and then gift it to authors. They can also buy but they don't need to (there are a few premium series but not that many and many unlock by themselves or, well, people can easily earn enough ink to unlock). Even free readers can support authors that way. So I'd say it's a good thing for both sites.

But: Tapas is a business. Scribble Hub isn't, as far as I'm aware, it's just a person running a site for something they like. And as easy as it sounds to implement a pay system, this type of thing normally comes with problems. Like, I don't know where that person lives but if money flows, there'll be tax stuff to consider, licenses, laws ... a lot of stuff that might be nothing but a headache for them.
That isn't really something I'd like to do to somebody who has been very supportive of any kind of issue the authors and/or readers approached them about. If they also got something out of this, well, great, I'd be in. But if not, I'd say it's not worth it.
Regarding that, Scribbly is a business actually. Like... Sure, atm it's not being monetized and has no ads and stuff, but that WILL change in the future, it's not an if, it's a when.

Tony has a lot of faith in the potential of Scribbly and firmly believes it can grow bigger than NU. And he makes his living from NU, so... It's definitely a business.

That doesn't mean it can't be a wonderful place made for the readers and authors though, but I think it's important to know that the site was created with the intent of profiting him as well as being a good platform for writers and readers alike~

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
Regarding that, Scribbly is a business actually. Like... Sure, atm it's not being monetized and has no ads and stuff, but that WILL change in the future, it's not an if, it's a when.
I don't doubt that it can be but I don't think it's one right now. Like, I don't know about where Tony lives and laws there so maybe things are different over there. But here, there'd be a massive problem if this was a company's website :blob_sweat: Like, there are no legal details whatsoever. There's only an email address you can contact and that's it. That would be grounds for a massive lawsuit over here.

PrincessFelicie

Catgirl Alchemist
I already have a fully decked out tip button and I sure as hell don't want a dumb ass cryptocurrency. Blockchain is one of those meaningless buzzwords that makes it so painfully obvious you have no damn clue how to even make a cryptocurrency, too.

You can, if you want, suggest a points system you gain by using the site that can then be tipped to authors or stories to give them a small boost in rating and advertise them to more people, that's understandable. But the moment you introduce the ability to convert it into real money you better have enough to afford Tony a full team of lawyers because you're going to have a gigantic array of complicated laws to follow.

This isn't the "wouldn't it be fun if" kind of suggestion. This is a legal nightmare you're demanding out of a volunteer website with a totally different culture than a business would have.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Please mate, you can talk for yourselves or those whose agreed with your opinion. Please don't use such strong words, because you would sound like a total tyrant. dictator?
We dont need a clueless person coming in, wanting to monetize the place and then yelling "tyranny" when an opinion (likely supported by most of the user base) is expressed. Tapas and Qidian are businesses whose first goal is to make money and who have the muscle to work out all the super complex stuff that would come with a built-in payment system. Patreons, ko-fi and paypal are sufficient enough for SH which is a truly independent novel site. If authors want to really make a career of it without going the patreon route, they're free to self-publish on Qidian or through Amazon.
Aside from that, allowing real money conversion and trading is setting up so many legal landmines that it'd be a serious hassle. Banking laws, tax laws, various international laws on money trading and transfer. Even if you do it via digital currency, governments are becoming wise to it and could make authors liable for tax bills.

I don't doubt that it can be but I don't think it's one right now. Like, I don't know about where Tony lives and laws there so maybe things are different over there. But here, there'd be a massive problem if this was a company's website :blob_sweat: Like, there are no legal details whatsoever. There's only an email address you can contact and that's it. That would be grounds for a massive lawsuit over here.
I'd probably describe SH and NU as a pseudo-business because there are no direct transactions between users and Tony. As far as i'm aware, Tony gets income from ads and stuff which would only subject him to like tax and income stuff but none of the real complex stuff that comes with a full on business. At least, that's what i believe is the case. I have no solid info, just guesses.

CR-V

Totally worth the read, and thanks for welcoming.

I agree with building your own paysite is a total brainwreck. Hence i suggested blockchain.

Yep, yep, building a wonderful literature platform that benefits authors and readers is the point.
Let's make the authors quit their real job and be a full time author in scribble, and focus on their book and write a good story. You say?

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Oh yeah, he needs to add the usual legal stuff before he monetizes it and what not.

That said, there is more than the Contact Us page already easily available in the bottom of each page. Privacy Policy, Terms of Service and About Us are already there, for example. The forums also have their own pages for those.

And he is from the US~

CR-V

Ok, let's make SH a company then, is that possible?
Can I say RWX started wuxiaworld as a hobby and ended up having a company?
And RRL did too...
I believe, I love SH as much as you guys do, unless you refresh SH like you check your day trading graph, ok, you win.
In the end, SH would go that monetization way, whether you like it or not, so I think its better if we start early and brainstorm as much as we can to make SH a better than the other literature site...

Status
Not open for further replies.