A possibly illegal thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekroz

I just want to talk about the Bible! Which is technically not talking about religion. So can I please get a pass?

This is to whoevers in charge of the... I forgot what it was called but the points you get for talking about things that you generally aren't supposed to. Or something.
Ban points?

Zirrboy

Fueled by anger
What would you want to share about it that does not relate to your faith in the first place?
An anthology review?

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
You somehow managed to not bring up what exactly you wanted to talk about in particular.

Nekroz

What would you want to share about it that does not relate to your faith in the first place?
An anthology review?
Hmm? What counts as a religion in the sense that I'm not allowed to talk about, exactly? Like, give me some more concrete rules I'll work around those.

IanWhite2105

If it is about using that as a bases for a religion in a novel then it should be no problem. The only problem is if you take the concept and don’t translate it into the story well.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
I'm confused. The Bible is a holy text that Christianity is based on, how is it not religious to talk about it?

Nekroz

If it is about using that as a bases for a religion in a novel then it should be no problem. The only problem is if you take the concept and don’t translate it into the story well.
The actual teachings of the Bible aren't translated by the modern church very well.

What I'm asking about is can I talk about the Bible on this forum.
The actual teachings of the Bible aren't translated by the modern church very well.

What I'm asking about is can I talk about the Bible on this forum
I'm confused. The Bible is a holy text that Christianity is based on, how is it not religious to talk about it?
What most people call religion (yes I'm talking about 'Christian' churches) is what the Bible would call tradition. Some of which it outright disagrees with.

ACertainPassingUser

In my opinion,

Preaching about the verses like some missionary on preach duty for example ?

Sometimes being preached kinda annoy people. Especially being told that you should follow the word of god and do what told in verse of something.

It's kinda anoyying. It's like you're in the middle of your job, and finally achieving some rare achievement, the kind that you never expect happens in your life, like winning a major award,

And the some preachy gut just come crashing and say "Your achievement is nothin in the eyes of God ! You should repent and be humble" right in the middle of the room.

It's kinda annoying.

It can be mistaken as insult that you're worth nothing, even with all your achievement and success you have gain with your hard work, you're still nothing.

Like some bad villain insulting the hero at his party or happy moment something.

Sure, some preaching not to be too proud and be humble is good advice. But putting it in the middle of something when we didn't really want to see it is kinda anoyying.

Last edited:

Nekroz

Preaching about the verses like some missionary on preach duty for example ?

Sometimes being preached kinda annoy people. Especially being told that you should follow the word of god and do what told in verse of something.

It's kinda anoyying. It's like you're in the middle of your job, and finally achieving some rare achievement, the kind that you never expect happens in your life, like winning a major award,

And the some preachy gut just come crashing and say "Your achievement is nothin in the eyes of God ! You should repent and be humble" right in the middle of the room.

It's kinda annoying.

It can be mistaken as insult that you're worth nothing, even with all your achievement and success you have gain with your hard work, you're still nothing.

Like some bad villain insulting the hero at his party or happy moment something.

Sure, some preaching not to be too proud and be humble is good advice. But putting it in the middle of something when we didn't really want to see it is kinda anoyying.
Yea I know.
Did you know that God doesn't approve of that sort of behavior? I posted this thread moreso in an attempt to clear up some of that.
There are some people that are supposed to be here that aren't yet.

When people succeed it should be celebrated, cause God didn't make failure. Even if I don't agree with you on everything, if you accomplish something then that is good and you should be allowed to feel good about that. God would prefer you feel good about that because all good things come from him.
whats a "bible"?
Some will tell you it's a collection of stories. Others will tell you that it is a book of laws. And I will tell you that it is a book containing God's thoughts written down in such a way as to teach man.

Ssthat

Boo Tao Main
Some will tell you it's a collection of stories. Others will tell you that it is a book of laws. And I will tell you that it is a book containing God's thoughts written down in such a way as to teach man.
this is remarkably similar to the books burned in 1939

D

Deleted member 54065

A new Christian, I see...

Well, it'll come to pass. I've been there, done that.

D

Deleted member 54065

Glad to be welcome. Got any book recommendations? Seriously.
Here? Nope, there's none. As much as I want to recommend something, smut is not in my preference.

Though I lost hope in Christianity, I'm still going by its principles, see?

Edit: Ah! You can check out Assurbanipal's works and Benjephenet's story, Kapal. I like those.

Status
Not open for further replies.