I'm struggling to write my next chapter. Quick, somebody give me the only motivating advice that actually works.

Jemini

Yeah, I'm being a slouch right now. ADHD effects kicking in, and I'm just finding myself unable to put down my mobile games and just get behind the computer and write.

So, I thought I'd just share that and ask people to give me the "advice" I need to get myself back on track. Namely, I came here to have people yell the words "just do it" at me.

(I'm an experienced enough writer to know that, ultimately, that's the thing that actually helps more than absolutely anything else, and I've already removed all the other mental blocks. I just thought maybe I'd be a little more motivated if I had half a dozen or so people all saying the thing I already know to be true.)

Last edited:

HelloHound

Hound of hell, lover of girls
well, if you're asking for a deadline, then write a paragraph in the next twenty minutes! the paragraph should be more than 4 sentences and end on a cliffhanger.

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare
Open your chapter schedule, you have that much time to write a new chapter. If you have already upload all your scheduled chapters, think "I should really be writing now" and get on to it.

Last edited:

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
1679283405920.png

Dieter

the Writer
Shut down any stimulus and go around in circles in your room in the dark.

Jemini

Thanks everyone, just got out about 1200 words and got to the end of a big scene. Now I just need a little more to finish the chapter.