Add A Polyamory Tag

Succubiome

Polygamy and Polygyny are both pretty gendered, it'd be good to have a tag that wasn't.

I'd argue you should be in favor of this even if you don't like same gender/multiple gender polyamory, as this will make it much easier to avoid it as well as find it.

Last edited:

Succubiome

They basically have the same description on here too-- 'One guy, a lot of girls"

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺
Lol, we have Reverse Harem AND polyandry.

And Polygamy wrongly says 'Male Protagonist to multiple females', so it can't even be used most of the time either.

Pretty sure this request was made before though.

Succubiome

When I search, there's not another post with a title that includes "polyamory", so I don't think so? But I could be wrong if the last posted stated it differently.

It'd just be nice to have something for the all girl harems with girl MC, or all boy harems with boy MC, or when the MC is dating boys and girls, or whatever else.

Cipiteca396

🐉🪽🍂🌑🍀🪶🌺
When I search, there's not another post with a title that includes "polyamory", so I don't think so? But I could be wrong if the last posted stated it differently.

It'd just be nice to have something for the all girl harems with girl MC, or all boy harems with boy MC, or when the MC is dating boys and girls, or whatever else.
I agree. It doesn't seem like it'll happen... But then, maybe ask readers and authors on relevant series to upvote this. Maybe it'll work out.

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
You could technically use the fandom tags, and tag your story with polyamory. You would be the only series on the site with the tag, so you would be rank 1
The polyamory fandom is dying... Ask your boyfriend to open your relationship so they don't die!

Succubiome

You could technically use the fandom tags, and tag your story with polyamory. You would be the only series on the site with the tag, so you would be rank 1
If Fandom tags work in normal searches, I guess there's no reason not to!

I didn't know we had the means to do this bottom-up rather than top-down.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Hmm, I wonder if there is a harem with a lesbian queen, how would that work? Her harem can’t do it with each other even if they find each other attractive while she can do it with all of them.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Hmm, I wonder if there is a harem with a lesbian queen, how would that work? Her harem can’t do it with each other even if they find each other attractive while she can do it with all of them.
It probably exists.

Lodur

Eight virgin
Lol, we have Reverse Harem AND polyandry.

And Polygamy wrongly says 'Male Protagonist to multiple females', so it can't even be used most of the time either.
Maybe, it would be better to fix the description of "Polygamy"? "-gamy" is about marriage, not gender. It can be either polygyny, or polyandry. While polyamory is not about marriage and family (well... legally recognisable family, at least).

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
That’s kind of messed up. With straight harems, at least most of the members aren’t attracted to each other and only the person at the center of the harem.
I wouldn't know if that is true since I avoid harem novels.

sanitylimited

their is one set in naruto. the protagonist is in the bug clan and gets a massive purple bug for a penis.

others are just go straight up futa. their is an ogoing series on webnovel set in skyrim where she/he goes around enjoying male/female/undead

Succubiome

That’s kind of messed up. With straight harems, at least most of the members aren’t attracted to each other and only the person at the center of the harem.
My lesbian princess character in I Was A Hero In Another World But My Dog-Girl Slave Swapped Places With Me And Now I Can’t Disobey Her is cool with her harem sleeping with each other, as long as they prioritize her over their other lovers, and don't get pregnant.

Other lesbian harem-situation fiction I've read, they're generally a little less possessive as well? But obviously it'll vary between works.

...also, I'd say a situation in which one person handles the emotional, romantic, and sexual desires of a large number is way more messed up than a more equal polycule in a variety of relationships, as a relationship with one central person and everyone else focused on them, the people focused on them are more likely to get neglected, and jealous and competitive with each other.

...but that's neither here nor there for the main point of if the tag should exist or not, there's lots of messed up situations allowed here. Messed upness of the situation is kind of a tangent from well, just tagging things well so people can decide what they wanna read and what they don't.
Maybe, it would be better to fix the description of "Polygamy"? "-gamy" is about marriage, not gender. It can be either polygyny, or polyandry. While polyamory is not about marriage and family (well... legally recognisable family, at least).
This'd be good in theory?

I feel like polygamy is assumed to be something else on here, and thus it'd be way more of a mess than just making a new tag-- but I could be wrong about this.

Lodur

Eight virgin
In "Upside Down" MC starts with her friend, as a lesbian couple, but later they are adding guy as a lover for both of them (well, they are both bisexual, so...).