Childhood friend love interest

CrimsonGenius

Riding the Thunder
Yay or nay. And the reason?

Depends, sometimes I prefer they don't know each other.

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
it's good because it's relatable
a lot of people had childhood crushes

Underload

Childhood love interests are not a mere trope! They are the flamming star shinning light in the Mc's life when they are in the dark. You know, all Mc's are in the dark at the start of their journeys. It's the CHLI who holds their hand and pulls them out into the light! A trope... Hmph!

LilRora

Mostly formless
That might change along with the details, but generally I see no probs. It's simple, pretty relatable, and usually believable. It's fairly cliche as far as romance goes, but that's not a problem if it's written well.

dummycake

Already daydreamed about this interaction
where's the gynecologist love interest

ReadLight

One of many options for romantic interests in stories it seems. However I've heard in the type of stories where there are multiple potential love interests, childhood friends seldom are the ones ending up happily ever after because they are comparatively less dramatic than, lets say, fatefully encountered love at first sight.

But themselves alone, there isn't anything wrong. Write them well, and they are good.

EternalSunset0

368343310_10219045230240591_31259557748293649_n.jpg

Character with the highest chance of ending up with the MC

Succubiome

It's basically like any other "close friendship but one side is crushing on the other or they're both crushing on each other" or "used to have close friendship but grew apart for reasons but one side is crushing on the other or they're both crushing on each other" setup.

It's most unique elements are that can have flashbacks to them being kids together easily, and if you want to, you can have them have grown into very disparate people who still have an emotional connection despite it not usually making sense for them to hang out? I mean, that can also happen with childhood rivals or incestuous relationships, but those add other elements, obviously.

Childhood friend is not something I ever specifically seek out when reading romance, but I don't mind it.
where's the gynecologist love interest
it's a male doctor, but the manga Just Listen To What I Say is this
can't vouch for it personally, though

TremendousHuman

Deleteriously devilish, deliciously dumbfounding
If it's not a little sister or a yandere junior Great Witch that has been wanting to possess you for roughly two thousand years I cannot find myself caring